Part 4- We're meant to be.

True to his parents word, Iokawa had gone over to his house and was annoying him. He didn't understand why his parents tried so hard to convince him that they were mates because they weren't.

He didn't like Iokawa. Sure he was good looking but besides that, their love was shallow, nonexistent.

They had absolutely nothing in common. Iokawa was always talking about himself, or things that he'd done recently. While he just sat there waiting for the conversation to end. It was a bad habit, he knew. But sometimes he just couldn't help it and would secretly hope that the conversation would come to an end.

Plus, Iokawa pretty much thought he owned him by always throwing the fact that they were mates in his face whenever he'd do something the elder male didn't like or approve of.

"What's on your mind?" The dark eyed male with thick, black framed glasses asked. He scooted closer to the teenager and wrapped an arm around him.

"Nothing." The hybrid answered flatly. A disgusted look formed on his face, and his nose wrinkled as he eyed the hand that rested on his shoulder. He hated how comfortable Iokawa was with touching him.

With his brows furrowed, he shrugged the hand off and scooted away.

Not seeming to understand or pick up on the tension he'd caused, the older male smiled adoringly. "Nothing? Well that isn't good. You haven't read any new books?"

"I've read all of them. Mother and father said they were going to purchase more sometime this week."

His future mate's eyes widened in clear shock. "Y-you've read all of them already? Wow, that's impressive."

Yokozawa snorted, a mock smile on his face that contradicted how he was really feeling twitched at his lips. "It's not impressive. It's sad. The only reason I've read them all is because I have nothing else to do."

"You're looking at it from a negative viewpoint, my love." Iokawa moved closer to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. "If you were to look at it in a different light, then it wouldn't seem so sad or depressing."

"That's easy for you to say. You've never had anyone dictate your life." Yokozawa spat out, shoving the man back slightly. "You're free to do as you please."

His gray eyes casted to the side. He was taking out his anger on someone who didn't deserve such harsh treatment. Iokawa had done nothing to him.

Yet, he had. In many ways he felt just as trapped around this man as he did his parents. His future mate was his babysitter, there was no doubt about it. That's why he couldn't love him. He couldn't start a life with him.

"Your parents keep you here for your safety."

"Or so they say. Tell me, what's so dangerous out there that I have to be locked up like some kind of defenseless child?"

It's not lurks out there, it's what lurks within these walls.

"You're Ókami's and Kaijū's only child. It's only natural they'd want to keep you safe, and what better way than keeping you inside the house."

A door flew open and Yokozawa's parents walked in. His dad took stood by the door removing his trench coat while his mom closed an umbrella.

"I heard my name. You weren't telling my pup embarrassing stories of me again, were you?" The tall vampire father asked, his black eyes slowly turned red with amusement.

"Of course not. I was simply asking him about his day. From what he's told me, he's quite the book worm."

Both mother and father laughed joyously. "You're such a gentleman. I swear, you're always asking about his day."