Ch 14

I'm watching my phone ring as I sip my glass of wine

I'm watching my phone ring as I sip my glass of wine. It switches between Angels name and Olivia's name lighting up my screen. I don't plan on speaking to either of them. Not now. Maybe not ever. The small apartment that I'm now calling home is two blocks away from where Liv and I grew up. It has hardwood floors and a mint green fridge that looks like it walked out of 1970. Kevin found it for me and told me that if anyone came looking for me they couldn't find me unless I wanted them to. This was an even fresher start then before. I wasn't sure how I had convinced Kevin to help me with this. Maybe it was because he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Maybe it was because even though he loved Olivia he understood my anger towards her. Ez's name lit up my screen and I debated declining it as well but maybe it was tone I talked to someone.

"If you're calling to tell me to talk to him I'm not going to do it," I spoke calmly. "If I'm sorry was enough we would have been back together a long time ago."

"I know." Angels voice filled my ears. "Don't hang up. I just want to say one last thing to you before I walk away for good." I didn't speak instead I waited. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me Ophelia. I wake up everyday and I'm thankful that it's beside you. You're my best friend. You're my everything. You're someone I will never fully deserve but thank you for staying by me anyway. I'm going to mess up. I'm going to make you cry because let's face it I can be an idiot but I know we can make it through that. Forever is worth it if it's with you. I love you today. I'll love you tomorrow. I'll love you everyday of my life. Thank you for letting me share my future with you. Thank you for saying yes to being my wife." I hung up the phone and began to cry. Why would he do this to me. Why would he tell me this now. Did he never want me to find my closure or did he think this was closure, because I'd he did he is very very wrong.