Ch 6

It took everything in me to convince her to stay that night

It took everything in me to convince her to stay that night. I knew that if her mind was even going through half the things mine was driving home was not a good idea. The voices were loud and distracting. One minute they would scream at me to kiss her and the next they would be telling me to kick her out, because the longer I let her stay the more letting her go would hurt me all over again. I took a few moments to stare at her while she slept. Her quite snores were angelic and the cute grin on her lips made my heart mourn for the days I woke up with my arms wrapped around her. How had we got to this point. Okay I know how. I got us here. I walked away.
"How long have you been standing there?" Lia's voice was coated in sleep as she sat herself up in the bed. She still looked good in my T-shirt. "Angel?"

"Not long," I admit. "Just felt like déjà Vu you being here. I liked it," fuck I shouldn't have said that. Kiss brows furrow as she walks towards me crossing her arms over my chest. "I'm sorry."

"And you think I'm not?" Her retort catches me off guard. What does she have to be sorry for. She was perfect. She still is perfect.

"You have nothing to apologize for," I put my hands on her face making sure she was looking at me. "You were everything I ever wanted and everything I ever needed do you understand that but I was scared. Okay. That's not on you. That's on me."

"You've really grown up Angel Reyes." She takes a step back from me her eyes wondering over my body. "I'm not that young naive girl anymore do you understand that?"

"Yes." I swallow hard.

"Maybe..." I kiss her before she can continue her sentence our lips finding one another like they had never kissed any other person. It wasn't long before she jumped up and wrapped her legs around my waist. "Maybe I'm scared that second chances do exist do some people but I don't think that's how it is for us."She pulls away eyes bloodshot as he jumps down. "I'll see you around Angel."

"Lia wait!" I yell after her.

"For what?"

"For me to get on my knees and beg you to stay."

"If I had caught you that day would that of worked?" I can feel the colour draining from my face. No not then it wouldn't have. "That's what I thought." And with that she drove away. How was I going to do this. How was I going to win her back. She says she doesn't hate me, but that doesn't mean I don't hate myself.