Ch 9

Someone once told me that in certain circumstances it is okay to lie

Someone once told me that in certain circumstances it is okay to lie. For instance when the truth is to hard to bare. Now was not the time for me to come clean though. Her big brown eyes blinked at me waiting for more. Waiting for answers. But these were not my answers to give. The truth was I hated Olivia. Every Time I thought about Lia's older sister I felt sick. She was awful. A wolf dressed in sheep's clothing but Lia adored her. Everyone did and I couldn't figure out why when she was so obviously fake.
"Take it back!" Trembling words brought me out of my thoughts. "Take it back now!" Small fists hit at my chest as Ophelia steps closer to me.

"I can't take back the truth Lia." I mumble. "She..."I stopped myself this wasn't right. I'm the one who left. Yes it's because of Liv but at the end of the day she didn't control my feet moving. She pushed me out the door yes but I did the rest of the walking.

"She what?!" Another punch only this ones harder and I know from the way each sentence leaving her lips wobble that she's trying not to cry. "Tell me what she did Angel!"

"She told me that it was unfair of me to pull you into my world when you clearly deserved better. That me making you my wife was robbing you of having any real future. That I needed to face the facts that I could leave now and spare both of us more pain down the road or wait it out for the messy divorce and the resentment that was bound to develop."

"No." She shook her head. "No. You're lying."

"I wish I was Lia I really wish I was."

"I had almost thought we could be friends again...but look at you proving me wrong like you always do."