I Can Hear Him - Bucky Barnes

General POV
Ever since you met the God of Thunder, you have been close with him. The two of you spent a ton of time together... and that is what made a certain metal armed man jealous. Bucky couldn't understand what was so great about Thor. Why was the Asgardian so great? He was loud, he was arrogant, and he ate all the Poptarts. 

Bucky had been trying to get a closer with you for some time now. All the Avengers knew it. Hell, you knew it. But what he couldn't understand was why you decided to spend all your time with the blonde with a hammer. 

Your POV
I was hanging out with Thor again. He and I were sitting out on the balcony, taking about what it is like in Asgard. I always found it interesting, listening to him talk. It was something I don't get to do a lot. Because of an accident, I lost a majority of my hearing at a young age. The doctors told me it was moderate hearing loss, we found out that I could hear sounds over 57 decibels. Meaning I can't hear the majority of conversations. 

Hearing aids work, but they are hard to use. And more often than not, I get a headache from them. So talking with Asgardian was the easiest. Well Clint was also easy to talk to, seeing as he also knows sign-language. But he's a sarcastic asshole. And every time he and I start talking he insults me. And because he is signing it to me, I don't get the benefit of Steve yelling language at him.

People may think, 'Oh, all I have to do in order to talk to (Y/n) is yell!' No. Decibels are based on sound energy, look it up. And please don't yell at me. I can't hear you any better if you're yelling. You just look like an asshole yelling at a deaf girl. 

Thor naturally spoke at a higher decibel than most people and that is what made conversations with him easier. It also helps that I can read lips, so if you're having a conversation with me and I'm looking at your lips, NO I DON'T WANT TO KISS YOU PLEASE BACK THE FUCK UP.

Now you may be thinking 'hOw DoEs SoMe OnE wHoS dEaF tAlK?' Well, my meme worthy friend, the same way you do. I push air through my vocal cords  and move my mouth. I was not born deaf. I spoke for almost ten years, so it's muscle memory. Yeah I may sound dumb, but at least you know what I'm saying. 

"What do you think, Lady (Y/n)?"

"I would love to visit the gardens on Asgard. They sound so beautiful."

"It is a date then! You teach me hand language and I shall bring you to Asgard."

I let out a small laugh, "sign language, Thor. And yes, it's a date."

Thor looks behind you, and lets out a smile, "Ah Brother Barnes! Do not worry about that!"

Turning around I see a very handsome Bucky walk in with a frown on his face. He looks at me like he is expecting an answer. 

"Oh sorry Buck, I don't have my hearing aids in. What did you say?" I say getting ready to read his lips.

"I said, you two are going on a date?"

"Indeed! I am taking Lady (Y/n) to Asgard in exchange for lessons in- what is it called?"

"Sign language." I say with a smile.

"Ah, sign language, that is correct!" The cheery blonde throws his arm around my shoulder giving me a slight squeeze. 

I watched as Bucky tensed up. I could see his metal arm clicking into place. 

"Are you alright Buck?" I ask worried about him getting upset over something. He turns his body so that he is angled away from me before saying something. "Bucky, I can't hear you, if something's wrong please tell me."

I watch as he shakes his head and walks away from Thor and I. 

I turn to Thor, "Did I say something?"