Prologue

Lily sighed contently - holding her little one safely in her arms. She had only been born four days before, and it made Lily smile at her son who always looked at his sister in awe. Who cared if Voldemort was after them? She still had her family. James slung an arm over her shoulder as they relaxed on the couch - watching Harry playing with his sister's tiny fingers in her crib.

"What should we ought name her, Lily?" James asked, he too looking fondly at his new family. Lily looked at her daughter carefully.

She was so sure the name would just pop up in her head the second she saw her - but the name never came.

"Sally? Lucy?" Lily said randomly. "I really haven't a clue!" She said, exasperated.

For the first time in his life, James Potter was completely serious. He stared at his daughter, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose to get a better look.

"Lillian," He said immediately, looking at his wife who gave him a raised eyebrow. "What, James?" She asked him as he shook his head. "No, that ought to be her name," He said, gesturing Lily's gaze back to their daughter. "She's your doppelganger," He finished as Lily gave a small laugh, punching his shoulder lightly.

"Have you gone mad? We can't name our daughter after her own mother?" She laughed. James gave her a crooked smile. "Humor me," He said. Lily smiled back, walking up to grab her daughter from her crib as Harry whined from being deprived of his sister.

"Harry, belt up now, you'll get her back," James chuckled. Lily smiled and shook her head in exasperation before grabbing the wizarding birth certificate the Wizarding Population Office had sent to them the second their daughter was born. Lily smiled, taking her wand from her pocket and waving it over the paper as the words Lillian Potter appeared on the paper - turning a solid gold as the paper magically transported itself to where it needed to go.

Lily handed the girl to James, who took her eagerly. "Welcome to the world, Lillian,"

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! This is my second fanfiction EVER so I hope I did it some justice. Also, I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to read this - It means the world to me!