Into Legend

The newly reunited family crammed themselves at the dinner table, as Cordelia and Elena brought the pot of soup into the kitchen. It was hot, but nevertheless, everyone rushed towards the cauldron to dish themselves up immediately.

After a relatively uneventful dinner, other than the usual chaos, everyone gathered around the hearth for another story. But it wasn't Sawyer who went up to the front; it was Miles, who limped to the rocking chair. His face lit up from the warm flames, and he had a gentle smile, as he rested his hands onto his lap. Sawyer nodded at him.

"Miles!," cheered one of the kids. "Are you going to be telling us a story this time?"

"Yeah I got bored of Sawyer, it's always the same tales," chimed another boy. Sawyer was next to him though, and he gave the boy a light push.

"Yes, I heard a creeeeepy tale from when I was out with Emilia." He wiggled his fingers eerily as the wind kicked up outside. The two moons were shining, so the children were already nervous; many of them didn't like the dark.

"It's called The White Stag."

Cordelia herself shuttered as all of the kids slowly grouped up closer to each other. Elena and Wyatt were already gripping each other's arms for dear life, as the anxiety in the room began to grow. Cielo listened as he stood up against the wall with Emilia, while Sawyer sat across from Miles. The flicker from the hearth seemed to dim, as another loud wind blew across the forest.

In a village not far from here, a baby girl was brought to this world. Her Father and her Mother were some of the most caring people alive, and they adored their little girl. She was their pride, and brought the two of them closer together. But the world wasn't so kind, for the Mother grew ill when the little girl was only a few years old, and she passed away. Her Father did his best to try and raise her on his own, but he was called to action by the Empire. He was forced to leave his pride, his joy, back at home, when she was only eight years old, and he never returned.

The little girl was left without a family, living on the streets of the village. Every few days she would move to a different home; nobody was willing to take care of such a sad and lonely child. She lived off of scraps for some time, and eventually left the village, wandering into the Luminous Woods on her own. She was only eleven at the time, but nobody in the village cared enough to notice her leave.

It was dark when she left, the two Moons glowing brightly overhead through the breaks within the trees. She was entranced by the beauty of the flowers, and decided to live here, for the peace and quiet of the forest made the young girl happy. She was able to become one with the forest, letting her mind finally rest after the constant stress she had felt her entire life. For years she would thrive, living off of the food of the forest, and enjoying a peaceful life.

When she was sixteen, she had a frightening dream one night, waking her up abruptly. She felt an urge to wander into the woods, and she walked slowly, far away from her little home. She came to an unknown clearing that had a pond, one that she hadn't been to before, where she saw something peculiar standing in the water; it was a white stag. Enchanted by it's beauty, she walked up to it slowly.

"What are you?" she asked the stag.

"I am you, and I am this world. I am everything."

"I've never seen you before, where are you from?" she asked politely.

"You've never seen me because you never needed to, until now."