There's Always Another Path

Note: Castians are Humans loyal to the Castian Empire, while other Humans are just noted as Men or Human. Sorry for the confusion!

The golden-red flames continued to burn bright, and started to spread to the other peasant houses, for they were built within close proximity of one another. The peasants of Blackwood were aware of this, and ran out of their homes and to the local wells, hoping to find what remained of the water supply to put out the flames. 

"HOW COULD YOU IGNITE OUR HOMES IN FLAMES," they shouted. The people of Blackwood began to cry for mercy, and many of the children began sobbing as the black smoke began covering the blue sky. The two guards sent to search for the hooded elf rushed past Elena, running towards the town in hopes to find the one they're looking for. Fortunately for her, they didn't notice her behind the barrels. As Elena made eye contact with Felix, she realized that only Felix knows what she really looked like, and that the other guards were on a wild goose chase. Elena ducked under the barrels again, and after a few moments, rushed away from the peasant's homes.

***

Felix was almost the same height as Cielo, but not as muscular. He had long, messy black hair that was unkempt after hurrying around the last few days. He knew he couldn't make it all of the way to Tana as ordered, and his best guess was that if she was to escape, that they would head to Blackwood. From there he gathered the nearby Castian soldiers and assembled a search party, waiting for the day that she would come. He was a curious man, and had taken a peek inside of the Captain's scroll, coming to know the exact details of the mission and why the Castian Empire needed her, and he would stop at nothing to capture the Elven Maiden Elena. Felix came to despise the Elves, for his family was murdered by them when he was a very young child. After the incident he had moved to Tana, where he would enlist in the military, training harder and fiercer than any other man in his company. His burning desire to slaughter the last of the Elves drove him insane, and nobody would know of his true nature, for Felix was one to hide his true motives and intentions very well. He came off as level headed, even polite and quiet and respectful to his fellow soldiers and companions, but seeing them slaughtered in the Graymist Woods drove him to the point of unyielding rage. His wicked grin came through, bearing all of his teeth, and he drew his sword, ready to fight Cielo. He met eyes with Elena hiding behind him, and knew that all he had to deal with was the man in front of him now. 

Felix's sword was longer by a good 6 inches, and he was aware of this the moment Cielo drew his sword. Felix ran towards him at a good pace before thrusting at Cielo, hoping to end the match swiftly. But Cielo was no novice at swordplay, and had parried his thrust to Felix's left, leaving him open. Felix retreated and brought his sword back to his center, performing a static parry to Cielo's upswing. Both came to the realization that this will be no mere fight, but a dance between the two, and whoever should make a mistake first would lose the battle. Both traded blows with one another to test each other's balance and defense, each giving a swing to the other and a parry in response. But Cielo, in his anger, slashed twice at Felix, causing Felix to step backward and lose his balance. Felix swung back in an attempt to regain his balance, but Cielo deflected his swing, and slashed him in the abdomen, cutting between his armor. 

"Not a deep enough cut," Cielo thought to himself.

They continued their dance, and Felix refused to give in, his intensity fueled by his want for Elena. He would make sure to not lose this, and he would capture her. Felix's swings became heavier and wider, and with the extra length on his sword, caused trouble for Cielo. Cielo went on the defensive though, steadying his stance and parrying all of his reckless swings. He knew that if he focused more on a static defense, his opponent would tire out a lot faster. But Felix's sword was longer, and Cielo wouldn't be able to hold out forever.