Chapters 1-8 Summary (TLDR)

Hi everyone, it's Fhiroo again :)

Thank you so much for making it this far into the story! I really appreciate your support, it means a lot to me to be able to share one of my imaginative creations in a way that everyone can experience it, and by YOU reading it, you're able to access a part of me I wouldn't otherwise be able to share. So thank you, :)

I do want to share with you a few things that I have planned for the story. I've decided to split the story into 4 "arcs" of 8 chapters each; essentially, every 8 chapters will be one section of the story, but the story will be completely fluid and can be continued on as a normal story would. It makes it easier for me to section off parts of a story and thematic elements into separate arcs. You'll still see the same characters, don't worry, but as the story moves onto each arc, there'll be a different theme, along with the introduction of different characters, as well as our older characters growing and changing due to the events that occur around them.

The second thing I want to note is that I plan for the chapters to be longer than they currently are now. Since I aim to have this story take place over 32 chapters, separated into 4 arcs of 8 chapters each, not too much has happened within the story from my perspective. I have a lot planned for this story, and I'm already 25% of the way in there! So this leaves me with the decision to make the chapters longer than they currently are, which they are around 4k to 5k words each, except for Chapter 8. I think you'll enjoy having a bit more to read as we go along in this journey together.

The third thing I have is a gift for you; I created a world map of Castia for you to download or to reference here. It has all of the important locations; including the names of the 13 major cities of the Castian Empire, some of the geographical names of forests and mountains, etc. and a little more :)

Thank you for dealing with my rant

Thank you for dealing with my rant. I'm gladly pushing this story out as fast as I can, despite my procrastination, and I thank you once again for taking this journey through this beautifully dying world. Now, onto the synopsis!

Chapter 1:

Felix, and his commanding captain are marching through the Graymist Woods, escorting a carriage with unknown content. Their group is attacked by an Elven war party, and the Captain and Felix are the only survivors of the entire battle. Felix retreats to Blackwood, hoping to find reinforcements to help escort the carriage to the capital of the Empire, Tana, which was a ways away East.

Some time later, a man comes strolling down the road. He finds the carriage, and hears a noise, only to find a beautiful Elf named Elena in it, who is wearing a shiny blue necklace. The two introduce themselves, the man being Cielo, a treasure hunting adventure. Cielo is headed to Blackwood to stop for his family, and Elena begs to go with him. The two journey for a few days, finally reaching Blackwood, where they find Felix and a few other Castian soldiers, who are hoping to find Elena, in case she had potentially escaped. Elena panics while Cielo watches the men, who interrogate local peasants. They come to a suspicious house, the same that Cielo's family lived in. Felix ignites the home, as some of the guards chase his family down. Cielo engages Felix, while Elena hides from the incident.