You've Got a Lot to Learn

"We need to get out of here, NOW!" shouted Cielo. He slung his two swords and cloak onto his shoulder as he hoisted Elena up on his back. Cielo ran towards the door, before turning towards Ellis, who was staring down at him.

"I'll cover you, head for the roof!" shouted Ellis, as she guarded the shattered window. The Castians ran over towards the tavern, encircling it. But at the sight of the plummeting Evanora, Felix rushed out towards her, catching her in his arms as he slid underneath the window.

"Could you put me down?" she demanded, squirming in Felix's arms.

"Oh, s-sorry," stuttered Felix, as he noticed his metal hand was in an awkward spot on her back. Letting her down, Evanora began scaling the building towards the broken window, as Felix turned to the guards.

"Surround the building! They'll most likely head towards the roof!" he demanded, ushering multiple soldiers through the crooked door of the tavern. Bella and Rose had shown up, as Felix quickly turned towards them.

"What about us, Captain?" gleamed Rose, who smiled a cheeky grin towards him.

"I'm going up with them. Rose, Bella, stay down here on the street and pursue us on foot. If they try to make an escape downwards, they'll fall into your hands." 

The two girls nodded as they split up, taking opposite ends of the tavern. Felix bolted up the stairs, rushing past and pushing some of the other guards to the side, as he flexed his wrist. Steroids pumped through his body, as he flew up the stairs at an incredibly faster pace than before. 

People came out to the streets, popping out from the windows in their homes to see what all of the commotion was about. Four cloaked figures slipped out of the back door of the tavern before the guards came rushing past, and they slipped into the shadows. Bella was accompanied by half of a dozen guards from Nin on the North side of the tavern, while Rose took eight to the South side. Evanora reached the window, only to find a prepared Ellis, surrounded in an aura of white light.

"Light magic, huh?" smirked Evanora, as she prepared her fists. Ellis didn't pay any attention to her, as the white stag's form flowed into her hands, which were positioned on top of each other.

"Light Form: Radiance," she commanded, summoning that two handed sword of light once more.

"That trick again? You're not terribly versatile, are you?" scolded Evanora, rushing towards her abruptly. She flicked two curved knives out from her pockets, wielding them in a defensive, back-handed grip, as she came into contact with Ellis' blade.

"It's enough to deal with you, Miss," remarked Ellis, as she forced Evanora backwards towards the shattered window. She leaped towards the door, before releasing a slash of white light at the witch. Without having any space to dodge the wide, horizontal slash, Evanora ducked towards the ground, going prone over the broken glass and receiving multiple cuts on her arms and stomach. Ellis ran over to her and kicked her in the face, before taking a slash at her arm, as she fell down and out of the building once again.

"Fool you twice, shame on you," muttered Ellis. She brought her arms together, before lowering them towards the floor with a great exhale. Her white aura disappeared from her, as she quickly bolted out of the door, hearing Felix and a few other guards stomp up the stairs.

Ellis made it to the roof, seeing Cielo carrying Elena towards the Eastern gate. They ran across the various rooftops, with Cielo making a surprisingly long jump, even with Elena on his back. Ellis followed in suit, as Rose caught sight of them.

"They're on the rooftops! Where's Evanora?" she shouted, only to find her bloodied and bruised on the ground, incapacitated from the kick to the face. Rose turned back, leaded her fellow guards towards the Eastern gate at a brisk pace.