Shorts

-Michelle introduces Kurt to online gaming -

"Okay, so hit menu and that opens up all your options, ok?" Asked Michelle to Kurt as they each stared at their laptops.

"Uh, okay," Kurt said as he squinted at the screen. Everything was so damn small and complicated in this game, how could anyone possibly enjoy this? He thought as he clicked the menu icon.

"Alright, I'm sending you a raid invite. We're helping an old guild buddy of mine raid Deligores castle so he can get the dragon child's teardrop to complete his epic 2.0 ."

Kurt peered over at Michelle as she typed away at her keyboard. He had absolutely no idea what the hell she just said. He honestly wanted to ask but thought better of it. Michelle was really into these online games and she wanted to share it with him. He wanted to get into it, he really did, she was his girlfriend after all and he wanted to be a good boyfriend...

"Okay, raid invite sent."

Looking at the screen a window popped up-

CockSlayer666 has invited you to join the raid do you accept? 

Yes        No

What the hell?

"Uh, Michelle are you... CockSlayer666?" He asked while squinting at the screen.

"Yeah, why?"

"What the hell kind of name is that?!"

"What? It's a badass name. It's my old gamer handle from before I Alped. I decided to keep it rolling with it."

"Fine," Kurt sighed as he clicked the Yes button.

"Put on your headphones, we're already linked to GroupSpeak." She said as she slipped hers over her ears.

As Kurt did, he was assaulted by half a dozen different conversations going on at the same time. Finally a louder, angrier voice fought its way to be overheard,

"Alright faggots, we got a couple new peeps in the raid! My boy Cockslayer and some n00b friend of his called CountryBoy."

Looking over to Michelle, Kurt gingerly covered the microphone with his massive hand and whispered,

"He doesn't know you're a 'She' now?"

"I use a voice distorter..." Michelle admitted, blushing slightly while covering her own microphone.

"Oh," Kurt mouthed as he took he lowered his hand.

"Alight bitches we're heading in get ready for incoming mobs!"

Wait, what was a mob again? Kurt thought hectically. All of a sudden, his screen was flashing red as a poorly pixellated version of a reptile monster crowded his vision. Panicking, Kurt swung his character out-of-the-way and ran away from the attacking monster. Trying to flee, Kurt turned his character through the stone archway of the castle and down it's hall. He made good headway until he ended up being surrounded and killed by 20 more monsters.

After killing him, the monsters turned and ran the way Kurt had retreated from. Over the headphones he heard shouting,

"Where the fuck did the n00b run off to? Holy shit there's 20 more mobs! Abort! Abort!"

Kurt leaned over to peek at Michelle's screen. Yep that was a lot of dead bodies...

"You stupid dumb mother fucking retard n00b! You wiped the raid!"

Kurt took off the headphones as the insults continued to rain. He peered down in shame and embarrassment at the keyboard. He tried, he really did. Just he panicked and didn't know what to do. This whole thing was so strange and alien to him. He hoped that Michelle wasn't too mad at him...