Green With Envy - [ Benny 'the jet' Rodriguez ]

001

001. green with envy

PAIRING; Benny Rodriguez x Reader

DATE; June 22nd, 2018

WORD COUNT; 8574

WARNING; A bit of angst, Phillips is a weird, controlling dickhead, bad writing (I wrote this over a year ago and I like to pretend my writings improved), kissing, angst but with a fluffy ending that I adore. 

A/N; This took way too fucking long to write and I apologize in advance for how bad it is. But if I look at this once more I am going to gauge my eyes out. 

TRAILER; in which two ex best friends are brought back together due to some unlucky circumstances. 

The tennis ball shot back to the other side of the court and the opposing member of the team Y/N was playing, missed. Cheers and Screams of happiness from the h/c haired girl's team bounced around the tennis court. Y/N laughed as everyone on the court crowded her and thumped her on the back.

"Wow, Y/N, you're so good!"

"So when are you going to become a professional?"

"Golly, I wish I was as good as you!"

Y/N grinned at all her friends and thanked them, "Give her space girls! Giver her space!" Y/N looked up to see her coach beaming at her.

"I'm sure glad I recruited you on the team!"

"Me too, Mrs.Gillfird. Me too." Y/n smiled and looked at the stands. She saw her younger brother, Tommy and her Mother cheering at the stands. But one face sparked her curiosity.

'What was Phillip doing here?' The last time she checked, he hated her guts.

An hour later, Y/N was heading over to the malt shop across the street from her high school; Valley High School.

"Hey, Y/N." Nancy grinned, "What are you thinking about?" Nancy had bright red hair that was quite curly and was currently styled into perfect ringlets inside her ponytail. Nancy had light hazel eyes, that reminded her of Benny's eyes constantly. Nancy was the type of girl who could be all innocent and cherry then break your nose in a spilt-second.

"Nothin' much, Nanc." (pronounced Nance with a silent e)

The truth was Y/N was thinking about Benny Rodriguez, her ex-best friend. The pair of them had gotten into a huge fight when Y/N didn't tell him that she was moving to the East Side until the day before. It had been about a year since that event had occurred and it was understandment to stay she missed him. God, her heart ached to see him again.

"She's probably thinking about Phillips." Sarah grinned mischievously. Sarah was a petite girl, with dark black hair that was pin straight, paired with blue eyes. Sarah was one of those girls who had a heart bigger than god and a personality bigger than life. Y/N felt that she was the closest to Sarah out of the four girls.