SIW - 25.

"You hungry?" Tee asked me for the millionth time. I stared blankly at the television that was showing an episode of Raven's Home that Cori wasn't watching.

"Ooh, I am!" Cori explained, "Tee, you should cook me fries and chicken tenders!"

He chuckled, "I will kiddo. Beyoncé, anything you want?"

I shook my head, never looking at him. I haven't eaten since I last saw Jay laying in that hospital bed over two days ago.

"You haven't eaten in I don't know how long. I'm still going to make you something." He said, walking back into the kitchen.

I sighed and looked at Cori who was playing in my hair. "Mommy, are you okay?" She asked, making me teary eyed. I quickly wiped away my tears before she could notice and nodded my head.

"I'm fine."

But I wasn't. I wasn't expecting so many emotions to come to the surface after seeing my baby's father. I was sad because of the situation he's in, but also because I wasn't sure about Tee and I anymore.

It's clear Jay and I still have some type of feelings there for one another, no matter how good we may have hidden it over these past four years.

But I'm in love with Tee also. He's such a good man to me and Cori, and the last thing I want to do is hurt him or make him feel any less of a man.

"Then why you look so sad?" Cori asked, "Food will make you feel better."

I smiled as she climbed in my lap, "Remember what I told you the other day?"

"About my daddy? Is that why you sad? Aw, mommy!" Cori hugged my neck tightly and I couldn't help but to smile. She was such an affectionate and loving person — she got all of that from Jay.

"Can we go see him?"

"Of course, but after you eat something."

"After you eat something too." She said, kissing my nose like I would do her.

I laughed and returned the favor, feeling a lot better than I was minutes ago.

My baby girl really was my sunshine and happiness. If I didn't have her, I would be so mentally and emotionally fucked up.

With her hand in mine, we walked into the kitchen to see Tee cooking. He had music playing from his phone, bopping his head to the beat while seasoning the fries.

"Baby.." I called out, wrapping my arms around him from the back as he continued to cook.

"What's up baby girl? I know you hungry."

I chuckled, "Honestly, no. I don't have that big of an appetite but Cori is making me eat."

He looked at me and slowly nodded, "We'll talk later." He kissed my forehead and I smiled before taking a seat at the table.

Of course he noticed I wasn't myself. This man knew me so well, it was kind of scary but that's just how love works.

After he was finished cooking, we ate together at the table talking about everything that came to Cori's tiny little brain.

She was such a smart girl and very mature for her age. I could talk to her like she was my age, but I knew some things she wouldn't be able to understand.

"Mama, are we still going to see daddy?" She asked as I cleaned the kitchen.

"Yes, after I talk to Tee about something. Cool?"

"Bet." She said, making me shake my head. She was definitely her father's child.

I finished cleaning the kitchen and headed upstairs so Tee and I could talk. He was sitting on the edge of the bed scrolling through his phone waiting on me.