Zombina's Story

It was a cold dark October night grasshoppers singing their melodies up towards the crescent moon. The air felt slightly cool upon the skin making the hair on my arms stand up ever so slim. Zombina wanted to go to our local cinema and see a new horror film together and take a day off from working with the squad.

Starting off the night we began to walk together to the theatre along the city streets. Lamps shining upon the two of us with an orange glow made for a spooky vibe. *clink* *clank* with each step Zombina took I could hear the dog tags around her neck hitting against her chest. "What a creepy night! Just perfect vibes for a scary movie that gets the body's adrenaline racing! You never know what lurks in the dark!" "*gulp*" swallowing loudly I felt a strike of fear pierce my mind. "Haha haha" Zombina laughed loudly at me. "Did I scare you?" "Nnn.... No!" Feeling my heart trying to jump out of my chest. "Haha haha" laughing once again. "Its so cute how tough your trying to act!" I began snickering in response "maybe I did get a little jump out of it!" Rubbing the back of my head in embarrassment. "Told ya!" Smiling at me. "So you get scared easily huh? Then do you find me scary at all?" Looking at me with a concerning glance.

Zombina stood in the lighting of the street light above shining down on her causing the pale skin on her body to gleam. The crescent moon reflecting in her dog tags looked beautiful with the moonlight reflecting into my eyes. Looking like a true awesome fighter with her red hair matching the stitches all along her body. Each eye different one yellow one green added even more beauty. "Absolutely not don't be silly I like you just the way you are! Sure you may be a zombie but your not scary at all! Its what makes you yourself and creates how unique you are! And that's why I'm not afraid of you!" Under the street light I noticed Zombina smiling with pinkish blushes on both of her cheeks. "Well aren't you just a lover boy?" My face turns bright red in response trying to hide it from Zombina but to no success. "Hmm" smirking back.

Holding hands we continued our way. Palm of my hand feeling cold to the touch from hers but I didn't mind as my body heat had warmed our hands. *pop* "what was..." Lowering my head I noticed Zombina's hand had came off. "Ohh I'm sorry I thought I had sowed that on good enough." "Not a problem allow me to fix that for you!" Pulling out of my back pocket a needle and a small ball of red thread. "I brought this along just incase!!" "Thank you so much! I forgot to bring some today!" "Let me know if I'm causing any discomfort!" "Don't worry I cant feel any pain remember!" "I forgot about that!" Quickly and carefully stitching her hand back in place. "How does it feel?" "Perfect! your really good at sewing!!" "Ahh its not a problem!" Zombina blushed to a warm red watching me do a few finishing touches.

Onwards with our journey we had arrived at the cinema. Connected to the side of the building had a glass tunnel attached on the upper section with a parking lot close to the entrance. Walking through the tunnel the signs lighting made the entire inside glow bright crimson red throughout. Shining onto Zombina's monster ops jacket made it appear as if she possessed an unnatural power looking like a rebel. I was in awe on how cool she looked! Going through a set of double doors at the end turning the corner led to an escalator that brought us down to the main hub. You could smell popcorn all throughout the area smelling so tasty and buttery. I bought us a large popcorn for us to share. The inside of our room had purple led lights along the stairs to each row of seats. The chairs were very fancy made with black leather having arm rests and buttons to bring out a foot rest and put back your chair.

"This is going to be the best!! Finally time a good horror movie comes out!" "I know right!! We made it just on time!" Lights flashed from the screen each time lighting the darkness periodically. A sudden shreek from the speakers made me jerk in my seat. "Hahahaha jumpscare got you a little bit huh?" Zombina gritted her teeth smiling at me. "Hmhm I guess it did!" "It's so adorable how easily scared you are!" Lifting my arm rest she snuggled against me with my arm on her shoulder. There we sat for the movie laughing with eachother having a great time together!

Walking home in the moonlight the stars scattered through the midnight sky. "That movie was great!! One of the best I've ever seen!" "I enjoyed it too!!" "Umm... Boyfriend?"  "Yeah what's up!?" Turning to her I noticed a puzzled look upon Zombina's face with the palm of her hand planted over where her heart was. "I feel strange... I feel a lightness in my chest... I feel.... So..... Alive!!" "I know exactly that feeling don't worry!!" "Hmm?" Zombina shifted her eyes into mine with a worried expression asking "what.... Is it?"

With a bright warming smile I respond saying "it means that your feeling a sense of affection and love! Its completely normal don't worry!" Hugging Zombina gently while sliding my four fingers through her rose red hair I assured her "don't worry your going to be alright!" "Ahh... Mmm..." Hugging me back the worried expression turned quickly into a heart warming joyful smile. With the moonlight glistening upon us Zombina looked so stunning. Sparkles in her hair combined with gleam in each eye. Pale skin shimmering. "Tonight is the best I could ever ask for with you!!" Leaning in close about an inch apart from her face i whispered "and I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else!" Both leaning in at the same time kissing in the moonlight shining brightly down on us. An end to a perfect night! Though Zombina might not have a beating heart it absolutely doesn't mean she has no emotions! Thats a fact I know and always will!!

The End!!!