Chapter 13

It took Sam over a month to get back to normal. She spent most days in bed. She wouldn't leave the house even if somebody offered to go with her.

I wanted to be strong for her, but some days I found it too hard. Dealing with the loss of my best friend and our unborn baby was just too hard some days. I went through bouts of depression that were so bad I would sit in the shower even after the water got cold.

It took more than a month, but we slowly got back to normal.

In the beginning, Kyle came by to check on Sam. He was saddened when he heard the news of the baby. "We can try again when you're ready. I'm not running out any time soon," he joked. I wish Sam had been able to find that funny, but she felt as though she didn't have anything to laugh at anymore.

After a month had passed, I wanted to make Sam go outside. "Please come with me. I won't make you go off the porch, but you need fresh air. Please, Sam."

"Okay." I took her hand, and we walked through the front door.

"I promise I'll be right next to you the whole time." I opened the door and walked out. She hesitated, but eventually, she came out with me.

"Are you okay?"

She took a deep breath. "I miss being out here. I hate that I'm afraid to leave the house. I'm just itching to go for a run, but last time I did..." she stopped before finishing her sentence.

I reached over and pulled her into a hug. "I will be here to protect you for the rest of our lives. I'm so proud of you for making this first step. We will do everything one step at a time at your pace. I don't want to rush you into anything."

"Thank you for being so caring."

"Now, let's go have sex," I said half-joking. Sam smiled and shrugged. "Well, you're not saying no."

She smiled and ran inside and up the stairs. I chased her into our bedroom and slammed the door behind me. "You have nowhere to run."

We stared at each other in silence, unmoving.

Sam ran at me and pinned me against the door. "I win," she said seductively in my ear.

"Not yet." I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. She was kicking her legs and hitting my butt.

I threw her on the bed and climbed on top of her. I pinned her arms above her head. "I win." I leaned over and breathed on her neck.

She squirmed beneath me which sent me into a panic. "Are you okay? Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want to force you into having sex. It's really not a big deal.:"

She took my panicking as an opportunity to flip us over and hold me down. "I'm fine. I promise. I want to do this."

"Please let me know if you want to stop at any point."

"I will." She kissed me passionately. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Despite the rough behavior from before, I wanted to be careful with her.

I pushed her shirt up over her head and discarded it. She sat straddling my lap; I was sat up from taking off her shirt.

With one hand on her lower back and the other on the back of her head, she kissed me once more. Without parting, she began to take off my shirt. We separated only for a moment while my shirt was pulled off. "I want you," I whispered against her lips.

Our efforts to disrobe became quicker and more desperate.

I took over once more. I kissed, licked, bit, and sucked every inch of her body that mattered. "Aubrey, please," was all that Sam could muster.

Rather than drag it out, I did as she asked. Slowly, I slid my middle two fingers into her. She gasped and moaned. Her hands, and ultimately her nails, found my back as I continued to fuck her faster and harder with each passing minute.

Her breathing sped up and she got louder as she drew closer and closer to an orgasm. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay leaning over her, so I had to sit up. As the orgasm took over her body, she gripped the sheets in her hands and her toes curled.

Once she was sufficiently finished, I stopped and took my hand away.

She smiled and sighed. "Holy shit."

I chuckled at her. "That was hot. I'm fairly certain that I'm sitting in a puddle." Sure, that seemed gross, but it was a normal way for us to communicate just how much we wanted the other person.

"Your time will come. I just need a few minutes." She laid there with her eyes closed and body limp as she regained some energy.

When I wasn't paying attention, she practically tackled me. Her mouth found my neck, and her teeth grazed my skin. I sucked in a breath out of surprise from the attack. "A little warning would've been nice."

"But that's no fun." She smiled seductively.

Her mouth and hands found each of my breasts and nipples.

"Sam, please fuck me."

"You didn't take much foreplay at all."

"Fucking you is foreplay." Sam laughed at my statement.

Slowly and agonizingly, she began by rubbing my clit. While it felt incredible, it isn't what I wanted. I squirmed. "Sam, please."

Jokingly, she groaned. "Ugh, fine."

Without hesitation, she rammed two fingers into me. I gasped.

Within moments, the warmth from the orgasm spread through me. My body tensed, and the sounds that came from my mouth were uncontrollable.

Sam stopped. "Well, that was short."

I felt my face get hot. "It's been a while."

She smiled. "It's cute." She kissed my forehead. "Let's grab a shower."

After a steamy shower, we got into bed.

Slowly, our life would get back to normal. One day, everything will be okay.