Lies

My heart stopped with those words. I somewhat felt like my greatest nightmare had come true. Did I really have something to do with? That couldn't be true. I didn't even remember anything.

I repeated those last words in my head. I didn't remember. That was true. Anything could have happened and I wouldn't have remembered. I knew that that couldn't be the case. I could never pull something like that off even if I wanted to. Plus the boy looked like he would have needed at least three people to really kill him. It couldn't have been me. No matter what.

I continued to look at the lady in confusion. I had been trying to figure out something to say. Something that would make me look completely innocent but I couldn't even remember. How could I even create an alibi? I needed to find out exactly what they already knew.

"what do you mean?" I asked in hopes she could give me some type of information that would take me and Blair off the suspect list.

"I expected you to ask that," said the woman as she began clicking through some files on her computer. I began to brace myself for the worst.

The woman turned the computer towards me and Blair and clicked play on the footage they caught from last night.

Blair and I both watched the video closely. It started off with Both of us exiting the room that Blair got into a fight with that girl in. I looked at myself. My eyes had been filled with confusion. I hated the place for having such expansive cameras. I looked over at Blair. She had been watching herself closely. I turned back to the video only to see Blair looking at me with eyes filled with emotion. An emotion I still couldn't understand.

We both shared words and Blair left.

There was only me.

I looked at myself in shock. I hadn't remembered this at all. My face began to change. I wasn't mad or angry. I looked sick. My eyebrows were furrowed like I was going to throw up. I hadn't remembered an ounce of this. I thought things felt wrong before but know they felt even worse.

I was watching myself doing things I had even remembered. It didn't make sense at all. I watched myself slowly walk off as the camera shut off. This was crazy.

"All I want to know is what happened after," said the woman while looking at me in the face. I knew she wasn't playing and I also knew that Blair wasn't the main suspect. It was me. They thought it was me. I couldn't believe it. It made no sense. How did they think I could've done it? That was literally impossible. I knew I could let it get to me.

I knew I couldn't make things worse.

"I was sick. What do you think happened? I went to my room and I went to sleep" I said. I didn't know if that was true but it was all I had at that moment. I needed to stick with that.

"well you don't seem very sick right now," said the lady as she raised both her eyebrows. I could tell she knew I was getting defensive. I feel like I had every right to be but I still needed to calm it down.

"I slept it off," I said. I hoped that that was the truth. I hoped I did sleep it off. Now I wasn't sick and yesterday I don't even remember being sick so if that was the case I needed my lies to be true.

"oh well, that's fine. I just wanted to check. I also wanted to ask you about this" said the woman as she motioned to the computer once more. This time she showed what was happening before the video she showed earlier.

This time she was showing our fight with Nell. I didn't want to worry but I couldn't help it. Would I get in trouble for something I didn't even do? Something that wasn't our problem.

I didn't even know who the girl was. All I knew was that Blair had a problem with her. That was all I needed to know. I turned to Blair looking for her to answer the question. I know I couldn't. I didn't know who she was or why Blair confronted her. As far as I was concerned I knew absolutely nothing about the situation.

"look I don't want to know who, what, where, when, and why I just want to make sure it doesn't happen again. You've been here twice and you're new." the woman sighed before her last words "that's horrible"

She was right. It was bad. It wasn't like me or Blair. It needed to stop.

"my name is Ms. Jones. It seems like you'll both be needing that information" with that she turned the computer back around and looked at Blair.

"The problem is over," Blair said softly. She sounded like she was giving up but apart of me knew that wasn't true. I had seen the way Blair looked at her. It was nowhere near over.

I knew the girl had hurt her. I knew Blair didn't forgive people who did that. That was another reason why I knew things were not over. I knew Blair would get Nell back. She was just that type.

The woman sighed once more "then go." she motioned us both to leave and we quickly both took the offer. I didn't want to stay there any longer then I had to. I didn't even want to be there in the first place.

"just listen when I say to stay out of things. Sometimes that's just the better way to handle things"

I knew I couldn't do that. No matter what I said all eyes were still on me in this situation. There was no other way.

I needed to figure out the truth.

I needed to know who killed George.