My day at home

Once I got back from my ride at school it was pretty late. We got dinner out since we didnt have time to cook something for dinner. We made a few stops before getting home. We normally got home at around 6 or 7pm at my old school. Well today we didn't get home till 10:15pm. Daddy went right to his office so I went to my room and texted some of my old friends. Were not suppose to keep in touch but I couldn't just move without saying anything to them. Daddy had a lot of work to do, he never talked about it with me but I knew more than I should of. Mom left a while ago becuase she couldn't handle daddy's work. I can text and call her but I only do when its late so daddy doesnt know. He says its fine even though I feel guilty every time I do.

Sometimes I would get up late and go to his office doors to see if I can hear what he talks about. Its hard sometimes but manageable. I know that he is part of the Mafia. I didn't know what the Mafia was till I googled it and it said "The Mafia is an organized international body of criminals, operating originally in Sicily and now especially in Italy and the U.S and having a complex and ruthless behavioral code". I didn't think my father could be part of something like that but it makes sense. The constant moving, the long work hours, and lastly all the money daddy somehow has.

It was a long night because it was my first night coming home from school. It felt like any other night because we moved all the time so I got used to it. It was late for me because I woke up and daddy was still in his office so after long consideration I decided to knock.

"Daddy are you still up?" I asked him while knocking on the office door. When we moved in he told me to only knock if it was an emergency. I wanted to talk to him about some of the things that I could hear about him being apart of the Mafia, which I considered an emergency. The door opened just enough to see my father with another man. The man was old he a lot of white hair and was really tall.

"What is it sweetheart? I'm in the middle of a meeting." He told me knowing that I should be in bed but I needed some answers even if it was 3am.

"I know things... I can hear you talking all the time. I want to know more about what you do daddy." I told him hoping he wouldn't get mad at me for listening. I told him I heard what he talked about even though that was a lie. I listened to him talking with other people all the time.

"I can't talk about this right now I am in a very important meeting, but we will talk about this tomorrow. Your going to stay home from school and we will sit down and talk. It will be Friday so you wont miss much." He told me as I was trying to figure out what he was thinking in his head.

I went back to my room and went to bed. I slept in because I didn't have to go to school. I went to the kitchen and breakfast was made. We had French toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. One of our servants from the kitchen made it for us. His name is Jack and he isn't just a servant he is also a friend. He was a great friend to not only my father but me as well. It was delicious and I thanked him for the meal. I sat at the table alone. All the food was there so I asked where my father was because normally he gets up early in the morning.

"Jack, where did my father go?" I'm sorry my lady he wanted me to tell you that he was sorry and that he had to go in to work. He doesn't mind that you stay home. Your father wanted me to tell you that he would talk to you as soon as he got back. Since it is a Friday he also wanted me to ask you if you needed anything for the weekend or wanted to go shopping?" Jack was always so nice and my father always left. I was used to it though and daddy made it up to me by having me go shopping. Although he made stupid excuses like if I need anything for the week.

"No I'm good thank you though Jack, but there is one thing you can do for me." He told me he would help me in any way possible.

"What do you know about my fathers job?"

A/N: THANKS FOR CONTINUING THE BOOK. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.