8- Call Between Carstairs

Here's another short chapter because I suck at writing sighhh
Credit to KittyIstheDeathOfme for the idea tho :)

"Hello? Emma?" "Here!" A voice said, the image on the phone was blurred, then a young woman with blonde hair appeared, smiling widely. "Jem! You finally got the hang of video-chatting!" He laughed her statement, "Kit helped. It is better than I thought it'd be. The image is quite clear, it's almost like you're right in front of me." "That's the point, I'm so glad Ty bought me one of these." She paused to flip the phone, admiring it slightly.

"How's everything?" "Everything is great, Mina said her first word!" His eyes lit up, Emma beamed, "Well? Don't make me guess! What is it?" "Ba-Ma. It means parents in Chinese. She learnt to say Kit a few days ago and..."He trailed off. "And?"

"Will. I heard her say Will when she was playing yesterday, I believe we must have mentioned him a lot before." He smiled, Emma knew that Will was- is Jem's parabatai. She wondered, if Will had visited Jem and Tessa, perhaps that's why Mina knew him, perhaps she could see ghosts. She imagined Mina, the one year old little girl playing with Will- the infamous Will Herondale with his raven hair and blue eyes.

"How are you?" Jem asked, Emma snapped out of her thoughts. "I'm good, Julian and I were training Tavs the other day, he'a great." She thought of Tavvy throwing the daggers and her cheering and chuckled. "Dru went to the movies with Helen, they are finally bonding. Mark stole my best friend and they are on a date with Kieran right now." "And Ty?"

Emma's smile faltered, "He is quiet, as usual. He just came back from the scholomance for holidays." Jem nodded, "Do you think he misses..." "Kit? Yes. I could have sworn I've seen more than twenty unsent fire messages in the bin, all addressed to Kit." "You checked the bin?" Jem asked surprised, Emma shrugged, "No, I saw a bunch of paper with the word Kit on it."

Jem shook his head, "It isn't much better with Kit, he seems happy, yes. But I heard him ranting about his 'Sherlock' to Mina quite a lot. Mina might even learn how to say it soon." Emma sighed, "They miss each other and yet..." "They refuse to contact each other. I wonder what happened between them..."

"Are you coming to celebrate Christmas with us then? They could meet up then." Emma suggested. Jem thought for a moment, "Perhaps, they need some time. We'll see." Emma nodded, then said, "I gotta go, Jules and I are going on a date later." She blushed, Jem smiled, "Have fun, I'd better check on Kit and Mina."

The call ended

Oofie hope it didn't suck
I havent been online lately, irl is busy ugh school
Anyway byeeeee