good influences

Once ready for school, she bid her grandparents goodbye with a kiss on the cheek and a promise to be home for dinner

Once ready for school, she bid her grandparents goodbye with a kiss on the cheek and a promise to be home for dinner. She went to get into her car when she saw a dark figure lingering by the front gate. She squinted in the darkness of the morning before smiling brightly and rushing to the end of the driveway. From the other side of the gate she saw Nate glance up at her and give a smirk. He moved off of the wall he was leaning against and wrapped his arms around her once she was within reach. She reciprocated, wrapping her arms around his waist gripping onto the back of his jacket.
"You're back." She whispered into his chest.
"Looks like it. Doesn't it?" He teased with a laugh as he cupped her jaw.
"Why didn't you tell me you were back?" She asked, her big brown eyes staring intently into his own.
"Because this is so much better." He smoothly replied as he leant down and kissed her, hands either side of her jaw. She smiled into the kiss and let it linger before leaning back, "Hmm, you're right."
"Come on, I'll drive." He said as he made his way towards his car. Noelle looked back to her own before calling out, "one second." She ran back up her driveway and wrote a note for her grandparents which she stuck on her windscreen.

She raced back to Nate's car where he stood with the passenger side door open

Once inside the warmth of his old, slightly beat up car, they set off for school. Noelle flicked through his cd collection, her nose scrunching up more with every album before shaking her head and putting them in the back. Nate simply laughed at her and grabbed ahold of her hand, to keep her usually cold hands warm in the morning brisk.
"You really need to get the heating fixed in here." Noelle commented as she leaned into his side, it being easily as the old car had a bench in the front.
"Well, when I figure out how to do it, I'll let you know." He smartly replied.
"Right, right. I forgot no one else can touch the car." She teased.
"Hey... look I bought her and I'm fixing her." He defended. Proud of himself for buying his own car and not depending on his parents money, it might be old and used but it just made him like it that much more.
"Her?" Noelle asked, trying to hold back her laughter.
"Oh shut up." Nate muttered, rolling his eyes at her causing the laughter to come bubbling out of her chest. As her laughter ceased, Nate pulled up into the car park at Chilton. He put the car in park, turning it off so they could just sit in silence.

He let out a defeated breath while looking up at the old, stone walls causing the smile on Noelle's face to drop and be replaced with a concerned frown.
"Hey, everything's going to be fine, okay?" She reassured, moving her thumb in soothing circles around its place on his hand.
"I know." He bluntly replied, not divulging his worries and anxieties. Noelle huffed slightly at his response, very much aware that he was lying. He glanced at her from the corner of his eye, saw her with a small frown taking over her delicate features causing a small smile to cover his lips. He tucked a short blonde piece of hair behind her ear and pulled her in to his arms. He placed a light kiss on the crown of her head, making her grin and move closer towards him.
"You know you can tell me right?" She softly asked as she turned to face him, cupping his chin.
"I know." He replied, sincerely this time, as he placed his hands on her waist before dipping his head down to gently meet her lips. The gentle, intimate kisses turned passionate quickly as the two got lost in one another, forgetting where they were. That is before an obnoxious knock sounded throughout the car, making Noelle turn her head towards the noise where she saw Grace's smug smile dazzling through the smudged window. With pink tinted cheeks, Noelle untangled her limbs from Nate's before rushing him out of the car, having to tumble out after him using the drivers side door; the passenger door can't be opened from the inside.

Noelle smoothed out her uniform as Nate threw off his leather jacket and grabbed their bags before meeting both girls at the front of the car.
"Having fun?" Grace asked, a light tone to her voice with the smug look still present.
"I hate you." Noelle mumbled, cheeks still berry pink, as she hid her face in Nate's chest. Nate threw an arm over her shoulder as they made their way towards the school entrance, casually commenting "Could have had more if you hadn't shown up Woolf." Nate teased with a smirk earning a scowl from the bubbly girl.
"You should be glad you're having some at all, Sawyer." She retorted, nudging him in the side.