dude, you killed bambi

Noelle sat camped out on her bedroom floor with mountains of books and pens sprawled around her hunched form

Noelle sat camped out on her bedroom floor with mountains of books and pens sprawled around her hunched form. She had changed out of her uniform the minute she stepped into the house and now modelled her favourite joggers and an old oversized T-shirt. She sat blank faced with a pen hanging out of her mouth as she waited for Nate's arrival.

They had planned a study date as she knew that he wouldn't have even looked at a book before their test without it. But she had been waiting on him for nearing half an hour and was slowly losing hope that he would show up.

"Hey, come here often?"

Noelle was abruptly brought out of her reverie with the cheesy line and looked up to see Nate leaning against her doorframe with a smug smirk.

"You're not funny." Noelle retorted trying to hold back her own smile at his ridiculousness.

"Oh I think we both know that's a lie." He laughed back as he made his way into the room. He closed the door behind him and moved some of the books to sit next to Noelle on the floor.

"You're late." She simply stated as she looked at him seriously.

"I know but not by a lot. For me I'm practically early."

"Natee." Noelle whined as she fell back to the ground in exasperation and shoved him with her foot pulling a laugh from his chest. He fell to the floor next to her leaning up on his elbow so he could have a view of her face.

Noelle opened her eyes to see his face and saw the mischievous look he wore and she shook her head.

"Nope. We have to study."

He simply smiled as he leaned down closer to her and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"We can study." He smiled before resting his chin on her chest. "Later." He finished as he placed a kiss on her neck.

Noelle let out a giggle before sitting up, leaving Nate sprawled on the floor.

"Nope. You have to pass this test so sit. Over there." Noelle pointed away from her, knowing that he would get too distracted and while she enjoyed his distractions it would not help him pass English.

"Fine, but if I don't pass this test now. Me and Medina are having some words." NAte joked as he sat up and shuffled away from Noelle.

"Shut up." She laughed out as she handed Nate the first book. "Now take a highlighter and listen."

The pair's study date continued for hours until it ended with them sprawled out across Noelle's carpet with the books being used as pillows. They awoke to the sunlight pouring in through Noelle's bedroom window. They groaned awake to the discomfort of their eyes and the pain in their necks. It took a few minutes of blinking for them to recollect their thoughts when Noelle jumped up to check the time.