Chapter Three - Leaving

The next morning Dan was up early packing his Hogwarts suitcase, "Black jeans, Black top, Black hoodie..." Dan murmured as he shoved piles of black clothes in to the case, buckling it up tightly for the exciting journey ahead. Dan stood up and looked around his empty room just his bed left all of his possessions fitted in his suitcase as his aunt and uncle couldn't care less about him Dan sighed and picked up his bird cage and suitcase and headed for the stairs. But just as he thought he was going to get away his aunt Bertha laid her arms across the door way "and where do you think your going?" she snapped as she gave Dan an icy glare "I got a letter from Hogwarts" said Dan feeling rather chuffed that he had an actual excuse to run away. His Aunt snatched the letter from his hands and screwed it up "WHAT RUBBISH" she scoffed as she stared Dan in the eye Dan was in shock is only chance to get away. Ruined. "NO" shouted Dan "YOU CANT DO THIS PPLEASE AUNT BERTHA PPLEASE" spattered Dan as he watched her crumple up the letter more between her witch like fingers. Aunt Bertha walked away not seeming phased about what she had done or witnessed, Dan fell to the floor of the stairs with his head in his hands "who was I kidding anyway" thought Dan as small tears began to prick his eyes "Aunt Bertha wouldn't ever want what's best for me anyway". He stood up slowly and stumbled back to his bedroom banging his suitcase on each step as he went. He sat on his bed as he stared in to the plain oblivion of his dark bedroom walls.

Theday had passed and Dan didn't go to school he didn't feel up to it, he avoided every meal and type of interaction with his Aunt and Eric, not that they caredmuch anyway. He had laid on his bed day dreaming a fantasy where he could explore Hogwarts and learn magic and escape home. Dan rolled over to look at this clock, it was midnight he sighed and continued to day dream about Hogwarts. He was half asleep when he heard something, something coming from downstairs it sounded like someone was knocking at the door and rattling the letter box, whoever itwas or whatever it was seemed to be getting louder. Dan stood up and slowly walked down stairs, his black pyjamas making him blend in with the darkness surrounding him.