Chapter 25

chapter notes: hey guys. it's been so long since the last update i'm sorry, i've had a lot of stuff to do and even had kinda writer's block for a lil bit which is unusual for me.

update on my job: the manager stood me up on an interview, then driving by the next day i saw him outside so i called the store and they said he wasn't there and couldn't talk. honestly really unprofessional and rude. so i'm looking at other places lol

also i'm in the middle of editing my next youtube video which is me doing my makeup and it's taking a really long time oops. and my dumbass said "have a good weekend" at the end bc i filmed it on a friday. but i may not go to school wednesday since i only have one period and i might not have transportation so hmu if i should film something else and what it should be.

thank you all for being patient!!! dyke daddy loves ya. warning for some angst of course, but the end it gets better.

-floof

-

An alarm went off on Dan's phone at 5AM for him to wake up. He had packed his suitcase and backpack around midnight, and all he needed to do was text an Uber and sneak out. Easy.

Before he left his room, Dan texted the Uber. Once it was close to arriving, Dan opened his door, peeking out to the dark hallway—the dark, gloomy, anxiety-inducing hallway. His eyes sadly glanced over to Adrian's bedroom.

He managed to find a piece of paper and a pen, where he quickly scribbled a note for him:

Sorry
- Dan

Dan fumbled into his backpack to get some cash for him, hoping it would make up for it. He needed some to print out his ticket and for Uber, so he couldn't give him as much as he wanted. It was pathetic, honestly.

He slipped it under the door. And with all it took inside him, he tried not to think too hard about it.

Each step was hesitant. To avoid the creaks, he tiptoed and was careful with the force of his shoe on the staircase. He shuffled his feet quietly against the floor, too, making his way to the front door and unlocking it. A crisp breeze swept over his face, causing him to shiver. He shivered again when he heard the sound of a voice.

"You're leaving."

Sighing, he turned around to face his mum. "I am."

"A real man would stick with his family and push past this grudge, you know," she huffed.

Dan chose not to respond. He was exhausted from arguing, defending himself, and just trying in general.

So he left.

He went out and left, completely ignoring the way his mother was calling for him and making him feel bad for making the right decision to leave. Her voice was tuned out as he trudged down the driveway to the Uber, opening the door and pushing his bags inside. She tried and tried, but nothing she said or did could catch Dan's attention.

"Is she trying to talk to you, mate?" the driver asked.

"Just take me to the station," Dan huffed, "Please."

A pounding headache was swirling in his head as he got to the station. Luckily, it was New Year's, so it was a lot less packed than usual. The line to print out his ticket was short and he managed to get on the train early. He decided not to cry until he got home—he kept it bottled up as he listened to music and stared out the window, hoping that it wouldn't trigger any tears.

Do you remember the way I held your hand
Under the lamp post and ran home
This way, so many times
I could close my eyes?