eleven

eleven

warnings: cursing, lots of feels, fluffy angst? angsty fluff? .....bittersweet?

Stiles

"Good morning," said Coach into his megaphone, as he walked into the locker room, Valerie right behind him. She had her notepad and pen ready. Exactly what she needed it for since it wasn't practiced, I couldn't tell you.

"In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind."

"What?" I heard Melissa mumble beside me, to no one in particular. She had come to support her son for his game.

"Mankind," Coach continued. "That word should have new meaning for all of us today."

Melissa tapped my shoulder. "What the hell is he talking about?" she asked.

"He does this every year," I answered honestly.

Melissa raised her eyebrows. "Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"-We are fighting for our right to live!" Coach bellowed.

A loud, "Yeah!" came from everyone on the team except Scott and I.

Melissa furrowed her brows, before a look of recognition spread across her face. "Wait. Is this-"

"Yeah," I said, already knowing what she was going to say. "It's the speech from Independence Day."

"-but as the day the world declared in one voice-"

"It's Coach's favorite movie."

"-We will not go quietly into the night!"

"He doesn't know any sport-speeches?" Melissa asked.

"I don't think he cares."

"-Today we celebrate our independence day!"

Cheers came from the rest of the team.