thirty

thirty

warnings: angst, jealousy, Valerie still being in denial about caring about Stiles, so, the usual.

Valerie

I paced back and forth in Scott's living room, running my hands over my face, mind racing 100 miles per second. I could feel Scott's eyes on me as I went, probably holding himself back from stopping me before I ran a rut in his floor. Maybe it was best if I did. Melissa was currently in Scott's room with Stiles, checking on him. The same Stiles who had requested us to get Noshiko to summon har onis and check if he really was, well, himself. We both needed a distraction to keep us from thinking about what would happen if that wasn't the case.

The silence in the room was sickening, and it honestly wasn't distracting me at all, quite the opposite.

"Why do you think he took Lydia?" I asked quietly, continuing my walk back and forth. I don't know how Scott could handle sitting still right now.

"I don't know." Scott sighed, looking down at the floor. "Probably something to do with her powers."

"Yeah..." I mumbled. "Maybe."

"What? Do you have another theory?"

I pursed my lips, not answering Scott's question right away. "What if this is just another trick? You know, to mess with Stilinski. Maybe him taking Lydia has something to do with his, you know... feelings for her." The sentence tasted bitter coming out of my mouth. I started pacing faster, rubbing my temples and completely avoiding Scott's attempt to make eye contact.

"Well, that would be a good theory if it wasn't for the fact that Stiles doesn't have feelings for Lydia anymore."

I halted in my steps immediately. "What?" I asked in disbelief, looking Scott directly in the eyes, searching for any signs that he was lying. I couldn't find any. "He doesn't?"

Scott shook his head. "No."

"Did he tell you that?"

"No."