Chapter 2

*Ava's pov*

As we reached school I was attacked by my two other idiot best friends in a hug. Sarah and Owen.

Sarah is my best friend since I remember but Owen and Ian met us at the start of I think first grade. Since then, all four of us have been inseparable.

"Hey bitches!" Said Sarah in an enthusiastic way and I was like dammit girl where do you get so much enthusiasm. We all exchanged our greetings.

Ian was just standing beside me, his hand was on my shoulder and i was feeling tingles there.
Here's a thing that I don't like being touched much but whenever it comes to him I just can't help myself...

Let me tell you a secret of mine that no one knows, 'I have a teeny tiny crush on my best friend Ian'. However I can't do anything about it because I don't want to ruin our friendship and also because I'm not ready to be in a relationship either!

"Hey Ave, did you hear the all the playlists that I sent you when I was away?" Owen asked me excitedly, bringing me back to reality. Oh those playlists!

"Dude! Tell me this who broke your heart, because of which you had to listen such songs?" I commented. Seriously the songs were all so sad, they actually made my heartache!

"Hey don't say like this!"
"I know right!"
"What's going on guys?"

All three of my best friends exclaimed together. The confused one was Ian as always, he's always so busy helping his brother with his studies and father with business. Yes, he started taking interest in his father's business from the age of 15. I admire that about him so much!

"Ian! You're such a bore man, how am I even friends with you?" Owen again started cutting my train of thoughts. I looked at Ian to gauge his reaction, he looked unfazed by Owen's remark and then looked at Owen who was talking to Sarah still about those playlists.

Then suddenly Ian handed me his backpack and jumped on Owen startling all of us, here we go again! The thing is Owen loves to tease Ian and the best way to hit his nerve is by asking him "how are we even friends?"

As always I had to be the mature one because Sarah was busy cheering both of the big babies fighting and everyone was watching us by now. They embarrass me so much sometimes, I love them nonetheless!

"Okay guys enough!" I shouted at top of my lungs as no one was bothered to listen to me because of which I started coughing like a hyena. You know when you shout and suddenly your throat feels dry, yeah that. As I was coughing, a guy came up to me I think his name is Lucas, and offered me his water bottle, I took it from him and gave him a node thanking him.

As I was about to drink water, I realized that Owen and Ian are separated and were watching the whole scene. Ian took the bottle from me and Owen gave me his bottle and stood in front of me blocking my view of Lucas. Not again guys!

I glared at their backs and then looked at Sarah, she was just standing there. Traitor!
"Just asking politely man, get away from her!" Owen spoke and Ian nodded, they were back to their overprotective role!

"Guys! What are you doing? He just gave me his water bottle not a freaking ring or proposed me! Don't start this again please, I'm sick of it!" I hissed at both of the idiots in front of me.

"Ave you know this better than anyone that we are just trying to protect you, so that nothing like before happens again." Ian whispered softly and that made me feel guilty. Thinking about that still makes my eyes tear up... I looked at him and nodded meekly then Sarah came and side hugged me. Lucas just nodded and went back.

"C'mon now guys, it's our first day back at school let's forget about the past already! Group hug!" Owen screamed and all of us hugged and just like that made up and that brought a smile on my face. They are my life, I'll trade everything for these dumbasses.

After sometime the bell rang and we all parted our ways for our classes but Sarah and I were together for our first class i.e. English literature.

As we settled in our seats Sarah whispered to me,
"Hey Ave, What do you think about Ian and Cassidy's relationship?" I was a bit startled by her question nonetheless composed myself.

I answered her honestly, "I don't know if he's happy with her then I'm happy with his decision but if that girl hurt him in any way possible I'll bring hell to her."

Next we didn't talk much and focused on our lecture. After sometime later bell rang and we all scurried away from the classroom.

The day passed by in a blur and then it was time for lunch break. We four usually sit together but today Ian had to sit with his girlfriend and her group.

After lunch we all again parted our ways and then the day passed by and nothing interesting happened.

When the dispersing bell rang I waited for Adam as Ian was with Cassidy... I felt a bit jealous but I can't do anything about it.

By the time we reached home, Mom and dad were waiting for us.  Dad informed me that around 4 o'clock Ian will be coming to teach me how to drive.

I was so excited and was looking forward to it!

******************

When Ian arrived he taught me how to drive. At first I was a bit hesitant but after sometime I was able to get ahold of it and i was able to ride my baby now.

I loved it when my bike roar to life. This was the best gift ever even though it's not a word but who cares. I love my Dad and I love my bike!

I was so excited and happy that I kissed Ian on his cheek and hugged him. At first he was normal but I don't know what happened to him he turned away from me and went back to his car and went away without saying anything.

This was not normal, not at all because we are best friends and we all the time hug each other, he never reacted this way.

I called Sarah and told her everything that happened and about my little crush.

"Sarah, what should I do now?"

"We'll figure it out, don't worry." She said and I tried not to worry about it through the night.

--------------------------------------------

Hey guys!
So what do you think about this one?
Please vote and comment.
Thank-you ♥️