Chapter 43

For those who are waiting, here's an update for all of you :)

Happy Reading

--------------------

Chapter 43

Wala ako sa sarili habang nakaupo sa labas ng operating room kung saan kasalukuyang ginagamot si Clove. As soon as we reached the hospital earlier, the nurses and doctors quickly took care of him. Doctor Martin was also present and he's curently inside the operating room to see how Clove is doing.

Naiyukom ko ang kamao ko at hinayaang tumulo ang ilang butil ng luha mula sa mata ko. The doctors told me to rest but I refused so they made sure that I'm one hundred percent okay before they let me stay here. Nagamot na nila ang mga sugat at tama ng baril na tinamo ko at nasiguro narin nilang maayos ang lagay ng anak ko bago ako pinayagan na pumunta dito.

I wiped away my tears. Huminga ako ng malalim at umayos ng upo. I heard footsteps approaching so I slowly turned my head and saw Nivana walking towards me.

I stared at her. Iika-ika parin siya pero mabuti naman ay nagamot na ng maayos ang mga sugat niya. I can see a lot of bruises and wounds on her body but at least she's safe now.

"You should be resting, not staying here." She said. Naupo siya sa tabi ko at tinitigan ako. "You haven't had a proper sleep for days. I'm sure being held as a hostage was a torture for you so you should rest."

Umiling ako. "I don't think I can rest knowing that Clove is still inside there." Tumingin ako sa pinto ng operating room at muling tumulo ang mga luha ko. "I can never feel at ease unless I see him stable with my own eyes."

Nivana didn't answer. Narinig ko ang pagbuntong-hininga niya bago napuno ng katahimikan ang paligid namin. I thought she is just going to stay silent but after a frw minutes, she spoke again.

"It's hard to love a Velasquez, isn't it?" Mahinang saad niya.

Nilingon ko siya. Nakita kong pinaglalaruan niya ang kamay niya habang nakatingin sa kawalan.

"You will always feel worried and that worry will slowly kill you as time pass by." Pagak siyang natawa. "You will never feel at ease because you know that they can easily sacrifice theirselves just to make you safe. They will always do anything to protect and save you even if that means sacrificing their own lives." Tumingin siya sa akin at ngumiti. "I guess they call that the consequence of loving a Velasquez."

My tears fell. Hindi ako sumagot pero alam ko sa sarili ko na tama ang lahat ng sinabi niya. For the past few years, it was always Clove who do the sacrifice. He always puts me first before himself. He did everything he could just to make me safe even if he has to sacrifice his own life for it.

"I understand why Clove sacrificed himself for you." Mahina siyang natawa. "I understand him because that's how Clevin is. And because of what happened today, I now know that the two of them are just the same. They will do everything just to make us safe. Brothers indeed."

"How did you know that?" I asked her.

Ngumiti si Nivana sa akin. She raised her left hand and that's when I saw a diamond ring on her ring finger.

My eyes widen. Nagpabalik-balik ang tingin ko sa kanya at sa singsing na suot niya at dahil don ay mahina siyang natawa.

"You..." I can't seem to finish my sentence.

Nivana shook her head. "I know because I've been married to a Velasquez for ten years now."

"T-ten years?" Mas lalong nanlaki ang mata ko. "C-clevin Velasquez and you..."