Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"God. I'm so annoyed. Why did I have to be here of all places?"

Pinanood ko si Kelly na naiinis na ibinato ang bag niya sa kama. Pabagsak siyang naupo sa dulo ng kama at pinisil ang dulo ng ilong niya sa inis.

"It's just a week." Calli said. I looked at her. I saw how she rolled her eyes and sat on the couch in front of me. "Fine. Whatever. I can endure this."

Napabuntong-hininga ako. "How did they kidnap you?" Tanong ko sa kanilang tatlo.

Jia scoffed. "That stupid ex-boyfriend of mine put sleeping pills in my drink. When I woke up, I was already in a goddamn plane and my hand is handcuffed in a chair."

"I thought it was odd of them to visit us again when we clearly turned down their offer of going in a vacation with them." Napailing si Kelly. "God. They're crazy."

Calli sighed. "I can't believe kidnapping us actually crossed their minds. Levie is a attorney for God's sake. This is fucking illegal."

"Will you actually sue them?" Tanong ko sa kanila. Tumaas ang sulok ng labi ko. "I know the three of you are annoyed right now but I don't believe that you'll sue them. You won't reach that point."

"And how can you say so?" Tinaasan ako ng kilay ni Jia.

I crossed my arms. "Because up until now, a side of you guys actually wanted this. The three of you, talking to your ex-boyfriends." Tinaasan ko sila ng kilay. "Am I wrong?"

Walang sumagot. Ilang segundo kaming binalot ng katahimikan bago ko narinig ang pagbuntong-hininga ni Kelly.

"Look," she sighed again. "The six of us aren't like you and Clove. The two of you didn't break up, but we did. The two of you didn't fell out of love, but we did."

"Fell out of love?" Tinitigan ko si Kelly at nang-iinsultong natawa. "You don't say that to me when I know the goddamn truth. Kels, no one fell out of love. It's just your fucking pride that's getting in the way."

"Nara--"

"It's been years. Hindi pa ba kayo nagsasawang makipagtagu-taguan sa kanila? You've been avoiding each other eversince you broke up and it's getting annoying. I don't know why you guys chose to break up in the first place but fix it before it's too late. Seeing you avoiding each other means your break-ups didn't end nicely. Cut the childish acts, will you? Hindi na kayo mga bata para umakto pang ganyan."

Napailing ako at tumayo. Walang salita na naglakad ako palabas sa kwarto at iniwan silang tatlo dun. Nang makababa ako sa unang palapag ng rest house ay agad akong dumiretso sa kusina kung saan nakita ko sila Clove na mga nakaupo sa harap ng counter habang may mga hawak na alak.

I walked towards them and snatched the alcohol from Nicolai's hand. Kinuha ko rin ang alak na hawak ni Zick at Denver at ibinaba sa counter.

I looked at the three of them. "It's still early to drink, don't you think?"

"Nara---"

"I don't want to control the three of you but you left me with no choice."

"We're fine." Denver said.

"Oh, really?" Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. "Being your best friend for years gives me an advantage, Denv. Do you think I'll believe it if you say you're fine? Just looking at the three of you, I already know how you feel."

"Baby---"

I glared at Clove. "You shut up. Just take away these alcohols here before I throw them to you."