Chapter 3: Ravika River

Kongpob POV

I was meeting with my classmates in front of the dorm. I agreed I would come tonight to that 'spot' Tew was talking about. There was a time M had to help me with my own powers, enhancing it perhaps.

M and I have been friends for 2 years after my brother died.

When everyone arrives. We immediately head to the place. Sitting on the boulder was Tew, I realized that he is fairly strong built with jet black hair, he was just as handsome as M. 

The moonlight made the river of Ravika glitter of wavy white. The air here was fresh and pleasant, placing salty kisses on my cheek, tousling my hair. The school wasn't that far from the open sea.

Oak and M behind me were chatty though, I look aside as Oak pushed his glasses at the bridge of his nose.

I just have to get through this ride, then maybe I will finally catch the murderer.

"Hey everyone!" Tew said loudly the moment he saw us. "Welcome to my party!"

"Is this your party?" Oak asked.

"Dude, I invited you!" Tew said.

"I'll be back guys." M suddenly said.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Gonna pee." M mouthed, giving me a small coy smile before walking from the spot.

There was a rustling noise in the bushes on the other side.

Two girls came out, the first to appear was beautiful and probably she was in distress. Her hand was glowing in blue-white moonlight, and the last one was Maprang. But naah, I'm gay. I'm more openly gay.

Being gay in this world was dangerous. Opening who you are to the world is pretty terrifying.
You would not know who would reject you and who would accept you.

"Oh Prae! Maprang!" Tew called.

We approached them. "What are you looking for?"

"Sorry." The girl—Prae, rubbing the back of her neck. "But did anyone of you see my combat bracelet?"

We shook our heads. Prae groaned. "I've lost her! That bracelet is running away from me!"

"Because it's alive, you dummy." Maprang rolled her eyes.

"Alive?" I asked, curiosity bugging me in.

"Her combat bracelet is a spirit. It can transform into a cat and when she wears it, it increases her magic power." Maprang explained.

"It's a charm too." added Prae. "Hey, I know you. You're Kongpob, the fire demon slayer. So, have you been hunting lately?"

"Nope. I haven't patrol yet. " I answered.

"I've read that demon slayers are amazing wizards. Well, for the name 'demon slayer'-"

"Obviously, they slay demons, Prae." Maprang said exasperatedly.

"That's not I'm going to say, Prang." Prae said, looking down at Maprang. She went back her attention at me. "So as I was saying, the name 'demon slayer' was coined by the Shadow Furies. Those scary men summoned a Celestial demon. They took every dark magic from the demon, infusing it with all the elements to a captive mage named; Carter. Making him the first  infinity demon slayer. The infusion cause to have a slayer calling at birth. Which having a marking on your body.
But, there are some that the result of the dark magic is also led by an insatiable thirst for slaying. That's why demon slayers are aggressive in nature."

She was right. That was the origin of the demon slayers. They summoned a Celestial demon and performed a ritual for the first slayer to powered up.

"Wow, did you just swallow a textbook?" Tew asked, wondering if Prae ever did.