Chapter 3

"Who was that boy Rylie Elizabeth... you tell me right now!" My mom yells...

"Mom cool it... he just helped me fix up my truck."

"Dont tell me to cool it Rylie, I am your mother and you will do as I say! Now who was that boy!?" My mother raises her voice.

"His name is Christopher and ill probably never see him again okay? Now chill." I reply back to her rolling my eyes.

"You were in a vehicle with a stranger?! Rylie you know better!" My mother yells following me down the hall to my room as I shut the door in her face.

Ill probably never see him again, and besides im 17 what can she do about it. I throw myself onto my bed and stare up at my ceiling.

Suddenly my phone buzzes I sigh in frustration while pulling my phone from my pocket.

Hey ry;)

It was a text from Chris. Should I reply? No, no I cant reply. Well, maybe I should, he did help me with my flat tire anyway.. Well maybe I should wait awhile? Ill just reply to the man..not that I dont want to but..

Hey:P

I reply back to him and akwardly stare at my phone waiting for an answer. It begains to take to long so I begain to feel worried..oh god what did I do.

Whats up?;) ~Chris

Nothing, uhh thanks for helping me today..I really really appreciated it~Me

No problem Rylie~ Chris

Shortly after that i fell asleep, Im sure with a huge smile on my face.

~

Next morning...

I wake in the same posistion i had fallen asleep in. I look at my phone Chris had texted me three times.

Did you fall asleep ?

Crap did that creep you out? Wait..im sure your sleeping goodnight Ry.

Good morning

Man i loved his cute little nickname
for me.

~~*sorry the font changes here its to much work to go through and change it all over again*

"Rylie honey" my mom said while walking into my room.

" Im sorry for being so harsh last night, you know I just care about you and with your dad in the hospital I just don't want anything to happen to you" she said sitting on my bed.

"Howabout we go out and check out the town?" I read in the newspaper theres and great seafood restaurant just a half hour away from here besides we need alittle together time." She smiled at me..

"Sure mom, sounds great" I smile at her.

She nods and heads out of my room kissing me on the forehead.

"Be ready were leaving at noon" she says.

I stand up and stretch. I head into the small bathroom off my room. I stare at myself in the mirror before stripping down and getting in the shower.

~~

I don't answer Chris for awhile, I decided to play it smooth and pretend to not be available.

After breakfast mom and I traveled into town, again it was chilly and I forgot my coat. She kindly bought me another one that had a cute design on it. I dont know how to pronounce the name of the store we got it at but ik it had umlouts over the "U".

After we went shopping I suggested we go to the same shop I  met Chris at.

We walked in to find Anna at the counter.

"Well hello Rylie nice to be in acquaintance again" Anna said smiling at me.

"Hi Anna" I replied with a nod.

"What can I get you lovely ladies today?" Anna asked.

"Uhh how about two lattes with a bagel?"  My mom said looking back at me. I nodded in response.

We got our order shortly after that and went and sat down near the window. We sat in a booth. The tables were red and the booths were black. All in all quite comfortable.

Mom begain to speak.

"So, uh..any boys ..youd like to talk about?"

"Mom, please stop"

"Hey, im being cool...I cooled it..talk to me" my mom said raising an eyebrow at me.

"Well there is this guy, but..he just helped me..with.."

I stopped in the middle of my sentence when through the window I see him. His blond hair and bright eyes. He obviously saw me staring at him because he had a huge smirk across his face. He walked into the coffee shop well aware I was in there to. I slid down into the booth more and more.

"Rylie what is the matter with you?" My mom turned her head seeing Chris talk to Anna. Her eyes widened.

"Thats him the boy you like?, the boy you were with!?" My mom asked excitedly.

"Yes, thats Chris but be quiet." I say until I see him walking in my direction.

"Hey, mind if I sit?" Chris asked all politely. I shook my head at my mom.

"Sure I have to use the bathroom anyway, ill let you guys talk". My mom replied to him.

"Wait mom I think I need to go to!" I got up to follow her.

"Youre not going anywhere chris says his eyes turning a deep green. He grabs my arm and pulls me down sending chills through my body.

I watch as my mom dissapears into the bathroom.

"Chris what do you want..Im with my mom, And how did you know I was here?" I asked him in panick.

He pressed his finger against my lips.

"Shh, one question at a time" Chris says staring at me.

"But to answer your questions, I just want you..and I was planning on meeting your mom..why procrastinate, and..just a hunch I guess" Chris smiles at me. Stretching.

My mom begains to return and he stands up to leave.

"Well I should probably let you go get back to your mom. Catch ya later babygirl" Chris says kissing me on the forehead.

I am not your babygirl!" I shout.

"Pft soon Ry..soon"

I watch him leave out the door.

I didnt want him to go this time. I wanted him more..and I couldnt explain why.