Bet on Me

Dirtiest imagine I've ever written oops

-

Bets are the stupidest things. But when UCLA's soccer superstar Shawn Mendes makes a bet with you, you can't say no. Especially if that means proving him wrong. So that's where Camila is now, pacing her cramped dorm room as she thinks about all the ways she can take him down.

She's not the person that gets noticed a lot. In UCLA's over-capacity campus, it's easy to fade into the background if you're not one of their famed athletes or resident genius. Camila didn't even have her beauty going for her; yes, she was gorgeous, but she couldn't compare to the supermodels that walked the campus as she tripped over thin air. Her personality was quite the banger though, she was editor-in-chief of the newspaper and was outspoken and didn't take people's bullshit. Most guys were put off by a 5' 2" girl telling them off, but that was Camila.

Shawn was the complete opposite. He was god in so many people's eyes- guys and girls. Professors loved him- he could play teacher's pet and sports at the same time. His brand was tight shirts and jeans that clung to his body like a second skin. It made the whole school swoon. Whenever there was a soccer game, he was the star of the game, scoring more than his teammates.

So you can guess that when Shawn Mendes approached Camila Cabello, she got the surprise of her life.

-

Camila stood by the literature section of the library, her arms piled high with books. Her professor had high expectations for her; she was his favorite and he always gave her difficult assignments that made her rack her brain. This time was no different; he wanted a 20 page thesis on feminism in English literature.

Camila rests her chin on the stack of books, her arm reaching out to grab Betty Friedan's The Feminine Mystique to complete her collection. A large hand snatches it right before she can.

Camila spins on her feet with furrowed eyebrows to face her book thief. Shawn Mendes looms over her, his shadow blocking the light. He's smirking with her book held high above her head.

"What the fuck, you asshole!" She screeches. "Give me that book back! I was just about to take it!"

"But I want it too," Shawn says casually, a curl falling in his eyes as he dips his head to look at her.

"You're the last person in the world who would care about feminism," she scoffs.

"How do you know? I support women's rights."

Camila rolls her eyes, "Give. Me. The. Book. Back. Mendes."

"Or what?" He smirks.

"I'm going to publish a scathing article about you in the Daily Bruin!"

Shawn laughs, "You think that scares me?"

Camila glares at him.

"How about this? You and me play a little game, and if you say yes, I'll give you the book back."

"What game?" She raises her eyebrow.

"My friends and I made a bet that I can make you fall in love with me in a month."

Camila's eyes widen and then her gaze turns into a glare.

"You think I'm a toy that you can play with?"

"Absolutely not, babe. As long as you don't fall in love with me."

Camila rolls her eyes again, "What do I get out of this? This only benefits you."