Hurt

A big, bright light. It was dark again. My body ached and my head hurt. A sudden flashback. There was a lot of... pain. Two dark figures... And then, I woke up. My mind started to spin. Was that just a dream? Maybe all that never happened! I thought. But I did feel slightly empty. I put my hand on my chest. Oh, it wasn't a dream. It was bandaged up tightly, and a big black patch of blood was forming on where my enderpearl used to be. "Kathel!" I heard a familiar voice shout my name. I turned to my left. It was my childhood friend, Omoiyari. Or Omi, as I first called him. He seemed a bit worried. "What's wrong?" I asked, confused. "What's wrong?!" He replied worriedly. "I'll tell you what's wrong! Your pearl's got taken away, THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG!" He rushed over and sat down on a stool in the room I was in. "Don't worry about that," I said lazily and sat up. He always worried too much. Like one time I had bumped my hip on a table and he started to panic.

"Oh, no no no." Omi said and came closer. He looked at the big black splodge on my bandage. "Does that even hurt?" He reached out. I quickly slapped his hand away. "Hey, that's a no-no part! Respect, remember?" I said. "Right, right. I always forget." Omi sat down on next to me on the bed. "So..." he looked back at me. "How did this even happen?" I gulped and tilted my head down. "Um... Well, you see.." Suddenly, the leader, Arsch, came bursting through the door. "Kathel!" he bellowed. "What did I tell you? Never go back up! You could have been killed!" "I know dad, jeez. You don't have to tell me. I'm practically a grown woman! I can handle it on my own!" I replied and crossed my arms. "Don't you talk back to me young lady!" He fumed. Omi trembled and said "I'm just going to let myself out. Chao!" and ran out of the room. Arsch looked back at me, face boiling with anger. "Oh come on." I said at him. "You have a whole group of other people to take care of. Just stop caring so much"

Arsch's eyebrows turned up. He looked shocked. "N..no. Kathel! I love you! You're my daughter and you're the thing I care about the most in the world! I just don't want you to end up like... like Mary, you know?" I was speechless. "Dad..." He suddenly snapped. "Urgh, Kathel, just DON'T GET IN TROUBLE!" Then he started mumbling words to himself. He turned around, walked out of the room and slammed the door shut. Then I heard a click. I ran over and tried to open the door. But no matter how hard I tried to pull or push, the door wouldn't budge! He had locked me in! And then, the pain started to come back. My heart ached hard and my brain started to swivel. What was going on? What was this weird feeling?! I felt nauseous. I sat down on the bed. My stomach felt strange. The loss of my pearl hurt... mentally and physically. But what I really needed to do was find a way out of this room.