Out Again

The room was stone cold. Well it did make sense for the room to be stone cold, since it was in an underground system. I shivered on the bed, mind still spinning. The loss of my pearl really had a big effect on me. Man, I really wish I still had it. The first few minutes were dull. I was sitting in the corner, rethinking my life. I realised there really wasn't that much spice to my life. Then again, I didn't really remember it in the first place. I felt the bare hole in my chest and sighed.

And then, I heard a knock. It was repititive and annoying, so I tried to block it out. The problem was that the noise kept getting louder, and I was starting to wonder if I had gone mad.

Well, I was wrong.

There were a few more knocks, and with that, sunlight shone in through the room. I looked up at the small crack in the ceiling. An eye peeped out from the crack. It seemed a little familiar...

It was Shestle! "Shestle! Thank notch you're here! He-HRK-Help me get out of here!" Shestle, with a pick in his mouth, hacked away at the stone and made a big hole leading up to the surface. He tossed a rope down and tied it up to a rock above. I grabbed onto the rope tightly and tried to climb up. But I fell down and painfully landed on my back with a thump. "Owwwwww," I grumbled, rubbing my back. "Help, maybe?" I looked up at Shestle and said. He nodded. "Tie yourself up with the rope, I'll pull you out!" She shouted from above. I twirled the rope around my waist and held the rope and nodded. And with a heave, Shestle pulled me out the empty stone room.

"Thanks, dude." I said as he hacked the rope connecting my waist to the rope. I unraveled the rope and tossed it into the room below. "Hey, no problem. Anyways, you still gotta kill those two humans," Shestle said. He used the rocks he had hacked away at earlier to cover up the hole. He handed me my sword. "Hey! You have my sword!" I said, quite surprised. He nodded and pointed to some smokestacks in the distance. "You see that? That's where you gotta go." I looked over to the direction of the smokestacks. And without warning, Shestle pushed me forward. "Now go! Do the thing!" I pushed him back. "Sure, dad." And off I went. Again.