Village Of Idiots

"Okay, here we go." I skipped past the buildings, avoiding human contact and dashed under a carriage. Humans carrying large, soggy sacks rushed by, while others carried blood-stained swords wafted past crowds.

This place is a village of idiots, I thought. The heavy smell of roasted pork lingered throughout the village. "Lunch!" a heavy-accented voiced shouted. Mindlessly-shifting crowds immediately turned tail and rushed to a large pot at the center of the village. I covered my nose in diguist. Smelling a dead, greasy pig was bad enough, but it was AWFUL when mixed with the smell of sweat and hormones! I dashed to a barrel, jumping in it with ease. I peeked through a hole in the barrel. 

The humans were wilder than what I had thought. In the center laid a large, roasted pig, which was now half-eaten. A fat, smiling chef stood next to the pig, while crowds devoured the roast. In a split second, the pig was only bones. 

And then, the humans were back where they had been, walking around like mindless zombies.

Something caught my eye.

It was those two idiots! The two nitwits, who had taken my pearl! They chuckled at each other as the female took a glowing stone out her pocket... 

"MY PEARL!" I screamed, coming out the barrel. And then, all eyes were on me.

I had made a terrible, terrible mistake.

"SLAY THE BEAST!" A human from the crowd screeched. And they started to corner me, with the devil's eyes staring at me. This, was the end. 

FWOOSH! I was lifted from my position, with humans staring at my direction as they became tinier, and tinier... I was on a horse.

"You okay?" A calming voice said. I turned around. Shestle stared at me, smiling. "How many times do you need to save my butt?" I asked and grinned. "As many times as I want," Shestle said.

"How did you learn to ride a horse?" I asked, looking down at the moving ground. "Practice," Shestle replied. "Oh and, looks like we'll have to try again tomorrow. For now, we rest."

I nodded.