Chapter 9: The Desirable Lillian

Ryuga walked out of the guildhall into the middle street of Magnolia. He looked around and saw that Magnolia looked like a warzone. Distant sounds of thunder and swords were heard coming from the cathedral, but he was more concerned about the Thunder Palace. The lacrimas numbered over 200, and they were outlining the city. Every single one had enough lightning in it to potentially kill a human. Ryuga slowly ascended from off the ground as the citizens on Magnolia watched. Four horns, four wings, and a black tail emerged from his body. Ryuga was hovering above the town, far away from the nearest ground. His eyes shined brightly as he lifted his hands. He closed his eyes and took a breath.

Ryuga: "Burn."

Purple flames erupted out of the ground, right below the lacrimas, and all 200+ were destroyed in an instant. Lightning rained down on Ryuga, blinding some of the residents of the town and distracting the Fairy Tail members and Laxus. 200+ billion volts coursed through Ryuga's body, causing his eyes and mouth to start bleeding. He slowly fell to the ground in a cloud of smoke.

Erza, in a state of shock and rage, summoned 300 swords and took aim at Laxus. Natsu and Gajeel filled up their lungs, and the rest of the Fairy Tail members gathered up their strongest attack. Laxus looked in disbelief at the mass of energy coming towards him. It connected, and Laxus was sent into a state of coma, with multiple broken bones. As soon as they saw that they won, the members ran to Ryuga.

Within the smoke, Ryuga was laying on his back, groaning like a castrated pig.

Ryuga: "Ah.. Ow, Ah, that, ah.. That hurt. Yep, th-AH! I'm gonna be sore-ow, for a few d-ow-ays." He tried to get up, but fell right back down. "Okay! Can't move. Nope, that's a no go. Owh.. Ah, ah, y-ah.. This hurts. Holy.. Okay, this actually hurts... fuck."

He heard many footsteps approaching, and through the smoke, ran the members of Fairy Tail. Erza and Mirajane cried onto his chest, which made him cry out in pain even more.

Ryuga: "Ow sto-STOP!" The girls quickly got off.

Mirajane: "Sorry!"

Erza: "Sorry, Ryuga."

Ryuga: "Yeah, Oww... How's Laxus, did you win?"

Natsu ran up and pat Ryuga's shoulder, harder than he meant to. 

Natsu: "Hell yeah! You should have seen everyone. We all unleashed this huge attack and then-."

Lucy: "Natsu, he's asleep."

They looked down at the sleeping demon, who had a small smile on his face, and everyone smiled. They decided to take him and Laxus into the infirmary and lay them down.

-Timeskip-

Ryuga woke up to find himself staring at the ceiling of the infirmary and heard squirming next to him.

Ryuga: "Laxus, that you?"

Laxus: "... Yeah."

They were laying down next to each other, in separate beds, of course. Ryuga and Laxus were both wrapped up, with Laxus looking more injured than Ryuga.

Ryuga: "So, did you get your ass beat?"

Laxus: "Yeah... you?"

Ryuga: "Same... It hurt.. a lot."

Laxus: "Well, each lacrima has the power of an actual lightning bolt, so yeah, it would hurt. I'm surprised you're alive."

Ryuga: "I'm surprised you're alive after taking the members of Fairy Tail's attack."