Together

I'M FINALLY WRITING A HAPPY ONE SHOT! YASSSSSSSSSSS

_________________________________________________________

Nya's P.O.V(1st person)

I stood outside of our shared bedroom. Actually, I've been standing here for a while, but I had no clue what to do. I've rarely had to comfort Jay, but he has always been there for me when I needed him. So I just stood there, feeling my heart break as I listened to his sobs. (God, my eyes are already tearing up)

Not able to take anymore, I knocked on the door.

"Jay? Can I come in?" I asked hesitantly. The sounds immediately stopped and I heard sniffles (is that even a word?) from the inside after a second, Jay opened the door. His eyes were pink and his cheeks were flushed.

"Hey, Nya." He said, his voice watery.

"Are you okay Jay?" I asked, skipping the pleasantries. "Wait a sec, of course you aren't, you're crying!"

"No I'm-" Jay cut off realizing how watery his voice was. He cleared his throat. "No I'm not!" he denied and walked inside. I followed.

"Don't deny it Jay, I've been standing out there for the past 10 minutes." I said softly. "I want to help you, but I can't if you won't open up." (A cliché line, I know, but it works so well for this scene!) 

I was prepared to have to convince him even more to open up, but I wasn't ready for what happened next. Jay moved so fast that I didn't even see him, but the next thing I knew, he was squeezing me, weeping into my shoulder. The sudden weight caused my knees to buckle and we landed on Jay's blue bed. I rubbed his back and whispered soothing words, hoping to calm him down. I had never seen Jay so sad, so...broken. My heart felt like it was getting smashed to pieces as he mourned for his lost friend, his brother. Slowly, his cries started to fade, and he looked up at me, his blue eyes puffed up. (my heart is shattering. this is too sad! and here I was thinking this would be a happy one shot...)

"I'm sorry," he whispered, so quiet that I could barely hear him.

"Sorry? For what? I asked confused."

"For always complaining to you, for always being in the way, for always being holding everyone down, for always messing things up, and for...this. For Cole." He sighed. "It should have been me," he whispered. My mind was still reeling from his rant, and it took me a minute to process what Jay just said.

"...What?" I asked.

"It should have been me!" He says louder. "I should have been the one who fell, the one who d-died. It should have been me, It should have been me,It should have be-"

"NO!" I yelled, cutting him off. "No, no, no, no, no!" Jay looked at me, slightly surprised by my outburst. "Jay, it shouldn't have been you, and it wasn't for a reason. I need you." I said quietly. "You are smart, funny, adorable, handsome, and I don't know what I would do without you!" I was almost in tear now. "So help me, If I ever hear you- or anyone- say that again, I swear to the First Spinjitzu Master that you'll be sorry."

We remained quiet for a second, and then Jay hugged me.

"Thanks, Nya," He whispered. "I love you too."

"We sat there in each other's arms for a while until Jay broke the silence.

"You know, you really shouldn't swear. It's a sign of weak verbal skills."

"Shut up, Zap Trap." I chuckled.

"Hey!" He said with mock indignation, and we got up and walked back to the rest of the team, hand in hand.

_________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, juggling two books and life is harder than I thought. I think I'll be able to to one chapter a week for one book, so I'll try and alternate this and Revenge.

Hope you enjoyed this story, and let me know what you think of it!

Arrivederci! (Carmen Sandiego, anyone?)

-Zap