Chapter Three-Unity and Confusion

"Two days. He's been like this for two days. At what point do we step in?" asked Calum as he walked into Ashton's room handing the older boy a cold beer, fresh from the refrigerator.

"I have no idea." Ashton sighed taking the beer from Calum. "Is he still locked up in his room?"

"Door's shut so I'm assuming, yeah."

"I think we should call Liz." said Ashton with a grin on his face. "She could get him to snap out of it."

"You're not wrong," Calum chuckled, "but I don't think he would talk to her right now."

They both sat in silence for a few minutes, each sipping away at their own beers. In the kitchen, a squeaky toy could be heard and occasionally a bark from Duke or Petunia. After a while Duke came trotting into the bedroom proudly, dropping the toy at Calum's feet and letting out a little yip to show off his possession.

"Did you take Petunia's toy you little monster?" Calum asked picking up the small dog. Seconds later Petunia sluggishly walked in after Duke.

"Has Luke even fed Petunia today?" Ashton asked looking down at the dog with a concerned frown.

"Nope, I did when I fed Duke. She ate so fast that I'm wondering if she even had any food last night."

"Poor Piggy." Ashton said sympathetically, reaching over to pat her head. Petunia pushed against Ashton's large hand, her way of asking for more attention. Ashton complied by setting his beer and phone on the nightstand to sit down on the floor with her. Immediately she crawled into his lap and tried to lick his face.

"That's it." Calum huffed in annoyance while setting Duke down on the floor. "He can't just neglect his dog." Calum fumed as he walked out of Ashton's room and towards Luke's. "The little shit better have a good explanation for this." He muttered to himself.

As he neared Luke's bedroom, Calum heard the bathroom door down the hall click shut and the shower turn on. Calum pushed the bedroom door open and once he was sure that it was Luke in the shower, and not Michael coming home early, he started his search.

The bed wasn't made and there were some clothes hanging out of the laundry hamper. The closet door wasn't shut but other than that, the room looked like it hadn't been touched in days.

"Strange." muttered Calum.

There was a laptop and an open notebook lying on the unmade bed. Going against his better judgement, Calum picked up the notebook and began reading the open page.

Hey There Delilah-Plain White T's 5:46pm

Your Body is a Wonderland-John Mayer 5:50pm

Patience-Guns N' Roses 5:54pm

The Next Episode-Dr Dre 6:01pm

***

Dirty Little Secret-All American Rejects 11:01pm

Gives You Hell-All American Rejects 11:04pm

Swing, Swing-All American Rejects 11:07pm

Meet Me in the Hallway-Harry Styles 2:13pm

Sign of the Times-HS 2:17pm

Carolina-HS 2:23pm