01. Year 4

Two months had passed since Shiketsu brought home their third consecutive championship. Yuuei High was still stunned by the dramatic events that made up that intense game. The players were frustrated, as were the students and staff. This year was the fourth and final year for their starting lineup of Izuku Midoriya, Shouto Todoroki, Katsuki Bakugou, Tenya Iida and Mezou Shouji. This season very well could be their last chance at ever winning a championship. They doubted they'd ever find players as good as those five. In fact, Yuuei was the only school with a basketball team that completely comprised of students who were in the same year.

Shouto Todoroki knew all of this. It was a long summer for the starting shooting guard. He had to live with the fact that he missed a wide open shot that would have forced a Game 7. He was determined to bring the team back to the finals this coming season and get his redemption. For now, he walked in the hallways of Yuuei High, on his way to his first period, astronomy. As he entered the classroom, he noticed a group of girls look his direction. This was normal for him. It was no secret that Shouto Todoroki was probably the hottest guy in Yuuei High so he always had a bunch of girls drooling over him. Surprisingly enough, he had only been in one relationship in his four years of high school. That relationship ended poorly and thus he vowed to never get into another relationship until he was out of high school.

This group of girls didn't seem any different from other girls he had encountered. They all just giggled and blushed at the sight of him. There was this one girl that caught his attention, however. She was a tall girl, looked to be about an inch shorter than him. Her hair was tied up in a spiky black ponytail and she had gorgeous black eyes. Not to mention her sexually attractive "body proportions." Todoroki cleared his throat and shook his head to get his mind off the girl.

She's probably just like the rest of them, he thought to himself. As much as he wanted to believe that, there was just something about the girl that stood out from the rest. Instead of gossiping with the other girls, she had her eyes glued to an encyclopedia, which was not common for girls that Todoroki had seen. From his experience, he knew that most girls hardly paid attention in class and then crammed the night before a test. He was always annoyed at how they would complain about how they had to pull an all nighter. He hated how they complained about them being so busy. Like, he was literally a school athlete and he had one of the best grades in the school. In fact, everyone on the basketball team had pretty impressive grades. Well, except for Denki Kaminari. It was obvious his IQ was... below average, but the things his girlfriend Kyouka said about him made him sound like a complete retard.

Todoroki found his seat next to the encyclopedia girl and pulled out his phone, going through his Instagram before class started. He didn't pay the girl to his left much attention, but she sure paid attention to him.

"Good morning!" she said in a beautiful tone that stopped Todoroki's heart for a second. This was the first time a girl had ever greeted him like that. Most girls only talked to him in a flirty tone, but this girl didn't seem to have any ulterior motives. At least not yet anyway.

"Um, good morning," Todoroki greeted back, nodding slightly.

"I'm Momo Yaoyorozu," the girl smiled, extending her hand out to the confused boy.

Todoroki hesitantly shook her hand, tensing up a bit at how soft it was.

"What's your name?" she asked, leaving Todoroki in absolute shock.

This has to be some sort of dream. There's no way she doesn't know who I am. Wake up, goddammit. Just wake up.

Todoroki suddenly slapped himself in an attempt to "wake up."

Not a dream, apaprently.

"Oh! Why did you do that to yourself?" Momo worriedly asked.

"No reason. My name is Shoutoroki- I mean, Shouto... Shouto Todoroki."