06. Season Opener

October 9, 2020

An entire week had passed since Todoroki made the bold decision to kiss Momo Yaoyorozu in the park. Since then, just about everyone in Yuuei were aware of the two being a couple. It was very not taken well by most as they thought that Todoroki was just too good for a girl like Momo, but neither of the two really cared. They were just happy to see each other at the beginning of every day and hug and kiss each other every time they met throughout the day. They would even occasionally hold hands in the hallway.

Most of Todoroki's teammate didn't mind his newfound love for the raven-haired bookworm. Bakugou on the other hand was annoyed that he'd even give himself a "distraction" in such an important season. However, Todoroki was about to prove Bakugou very very wrong.

There was about one hour before the start of the game and the Yuuei Bullets were assembled in their locker room, running through game plans against their opponent tonight, The Seiai Souls of Seiai High School.

The Souls were led by the dangerous starting five of point guard Junsuke Ichigi, shooting guard Akira Kurakake, small forward Keisuke Satou, power forward Masataka Yonamine and center Tadayuki Sakakura. They have always been a very formidable team, never being any worse than fourth place in the season standings in forty-four years. Last season, they made the semifinals, only to be eliminated by Shiketsu in five games. The last championship they won, four seasons ago in the 2016-17 season. One out of a league high fourteen championships. They drew a lot of comparisons to the 2014 San Antonio Spurs championship team of the NBA player wise. Particularly Yonamine to Tim Duncan and Ichigi to Tony Parker.

While Coach Toshinori was rallying his team, Shouto Todoroki had his own way of being motivated: a shoulder massage from his girlfriend, Momo Yaoyorozu.

"Why the fuck is she even here? She's not a part of the team," Bakugou complained.

"That's because she asked for special permission to come in here with me," Todoroki replied as he placed his hands over Momo's. Bakugou simply rolled his eyes and went back to stretching.

"Really? Why doesn't Kyouka ask to be in here?" Kaminari asked with a frown on his face.

"Maybe 'cause she doesn't want everyone to know she's dating a fucking dumbass," Bakugou teased.

"Oh, shut up, Bakugou. It's not like you have a girlfriend."

"I don't fucking want one. It'll just distract me from my game. And stop changing the subject, Dunce Face!"

"How did I change the subject? Aren't we talking about girlfriends?"

"No, fucktard. I was talking about you being a dumbass. I hope nobody passes you the fucking ball this game."

"Oh, ha ha. You'll still need my three point shooting."

"Well, I hope nobody passes you the ball in fucking crunch time."

"Why not?"

"You fucking-" Bakugou groaned in frustration at Kaminari's idiocy. "Did you fucking forget?! You threw away the ball in Game 4 'cause you thought we were leading!!!"

"I-"

"We could have been up three-one, you idiot!!"

"Young Bakugou!" Coach yelled. "I will not have you talking down on any of your teammates. We talked about this already. Team chemistry is key."

"This dumbass probably doesn't even know what chemistry is," Bakugou replied as he rolled his eyes.

"Katsuki Bakugou, could you please show some respect?" Momo spoke up all of a sudden. "You guys are a team and as a team, you will support each other no matter what. As a team, you will stick together until the very end. As a team, you're going to go out there and play team basketball. Do I make myself clear?"