Chapter 2

Pranpriya

I was very much lost since I escaped that vicinity. I wandered around the streets closely to a year. At 16, it was very hard to live with an empty stomach but it was better than doing what I could have imagined if I stayed in that syndicate.

Luckily, I met an old lady who was kind enough to take me in as her own. I met her while I was sleeping near the garbage area.

I was still wondering though why she would help me.

"Ahjuma?"

"Ne?"

"Why did you help me?"

"You remind me so much about myself when I was your age. And frankly I do not want you to go through those nightmares that I had." I flashed a grateful smile towards her. 

'How can someone not related to me be better than those who are?'  those thoughts filled my mind that night. 

"Priya?" I turned to the old lady. "Be strong okay?" I nodded at her "I will sleep now, you should rest too as well."

~~~~~

The morning came when I awoke, I went to her room to wake her up as it was our routine for the past year but as I shake her elderly body, no response was given. I did not expect that this was the day I would not be able to see that old lady alive anymore. 

I buried her on the day at a lot that she had been mentioning to me the past weeks. 

How dense I was that I was not able to detect that she was making her last will in this earth.

'Every person that I cared and had cared for me left.' I thought

'How unlucky I am.'

~~~~~

It had been two years since that incident. I lived this past two years under the old lady's humble abode. I lived as a garbage collector to sustain myself. I have matured well I guess, as an 18 year old, I can say that I am quite okay though it never crossed my mind to enter into any relationship. Living was my priority.

At night

I was on my way home as I just finished my shift. I am nearing the house when someone clasped a cloth around my face and that was the last thing I remembered as I past out.

~~~~~

"You had a good catch tonight. Not bad."

"She looks so thin though."

"Don't worry about it a little make up would suffice besides she seems like a looker."

"For sure boss would earn more than the usual from the bidders."

'Bidders? Where am I' I thought.

And as if on cue my blindfold was lifted.

"Seems like she is awake"

I begrudgingly opened my eyes.

"How was your nap pretty one?" I was in dazed. I cannot seem to understand anything that this guy was saying to me.

"She might still feel the effects of the meds." The red hair simply nodded to the blond.

"Tell Jeongyeon to ready her up. The boss biggest client would arrive anytime."

'What are they talking about?'

A few moments later.

A girl with a pixie haircut approached me.

"Where am I?" 

"You are in an auction my dear."

"What do you mean auction? I should be sleeping in my house as of the moment."

"You'll see soon enough. Now quit yapping or someone would experience some slapping."

I was not able to retort back as she dragged me across the room and made me sit in front of a vanity mirror. She immediately went to work as she cleaned up my face and applied make up on me.

"Why are you dolling me up?"

"You will see pretty soon for now shhh."

She continued her work and as I glance at myself in front of the mirror and was awed with what she had done. I have never imagine that I could look better than I usually have.

"You are killing it. Now let us choose for the dresses."

She made me wear a fitting black dress that hugs my body showing off my thin waist and curves. She added up red stilettos to match with my red lipstick.

"You will surely make it big Lisa."

"Wait are you talking to me?"

"Yes. From now on you will be known as Lisa."

"But---"

"Guys! She is ready you can guide her now."

And once again I was welcomed in the dept of darkness as the guys that she called once again blindfolded me.

"Is Nayeon here already?"

"Yes, boss arrived earlier than expected."

"Ok just lead her to the platform."

That was the last thing I heard before the guys led me to somewhere god knows where.

It was unexpected of me not to protest in anything that they are doing though all I can say is that since they are not harming me by any means I'll see it through as to what this night would lead to.