Chapter 17

Third Person

After the incident, Lisa had observed the drastic changes with Jennie. 

To begin, the lady had not once touched her food unlike before any cuisine served in front of her she would take time to indulge the flavors. Dark circles were starting to show on her face proving the lack of sleep that she had. And she was very much too silent, when Lisa would start off a conversation with her, the younger could not get a proper answer.

Lisa was bothered with this situation and had decided to call Rosie to ask for Jisoo. 

As soon as she had contacted Jisoo, she asked questions regarding what the older's conversation with Jennie all about.

"Ms. Jisoo, I know this is not my personal business but could you please tell me what you had talked to Jennie about?"

It took a minute before she received a response.

"I know you are concerned for her Lisa - yah but --"

"I'll take responsibility for asking. I just can't stand around and let her drown with her thoughts. Besides, I am the only one who is with her."

Jisoo was contemplating on what to do. She knows that Jennie would not like anyone to know her buggest nightmare. But at the same time she knows how depressing are the thoughts that are currently flooding Jennie's mind.

"Ok Lisa. But please listen carefully and don't judge Jennie about the incident."

"I promise."

Jisoo told Lisa almost everything not leaving a single information out as she had wanted for the younger to understand. And how another person came into picture Kim Hanbin.

Based on the story Kai was supposed to have assaulted Jennie five years ago but luckily Jisoo was there. He was banned from family however he remained close by.

This resulted to a tragic incident two years after. It is because the main family did not make any precautionary measures. They just realized that Kai's brother Hanbin was also his accomplice and it was too late for the main family to take precautionary measures.

What supposed to be a gruesome rape incident turned out as a mass murder. The brothers killed Jennie's parents in front of her that everytime she would glance at those eyes shivers and  uneventful memories would flash in an instant.

Before the police could capture the murderers they had already escaped. Regardless, Jennie still filed a lawsuit of restraining order in instances that the brothers would come near her. But, it was no use as the cased filed recently came known to be void.

Lisa had understand the situation and she knows how traumatic such event could be. Even though her situation was somehow different than of Jennie's, witnessing a murder in front of you is bothersome.

As soon as her conversation with Jisoo ended, Lisa made her way into Jennie's room. She decided to console her supposed master and talk some senses out of her.

However, her resolve was crumbled as she saw Jennie's state. She just wanted to crush the sobbing feline in a tight hug.

"Jennie." She called.

The lady turned towards her looking very much troubled.

"Don't let it get to you. Tomorrow I would be by your side okay?"

Jennie clutched onto Lisa tighter as if asking for her strength.

"Lis -- a"

"We will get through this okay? Both of us together." Upon hearing those words Jennie sobbed harder and hugged Lisa even more.

After a few minutes, Lisa pulled away and glanced intensely at Jennie. Not being able to control herself, she leaned in and kissed Jennie. A symbol showing both her admiration and care.