hoco - anthony reeves

I walked into the cafeteria with my best friend, y/f/n. My eyes scanned the tables, searching for my boyfriend, Anthony. After looking for several seconds, I gave up, and got into the lunch line. 

"Do you think Jaden will ask me to homecoming?" Y/f/n asked. She glanced at Jaden and winked. He winked back, and then they both turned away. 

"I don't know. Does he like you?" I asked. 

"I don't know! The other day, we were talking in the hallway, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. But then, next period, he didn't talk to me at all. I'm really confused." She began to play with her hair as she explained the situation to me. 

"Maybe he just gets nervous around you and he doesn't know how to act." I suggested. I felt bad for y/f/n. The other day, I had seen Jaden sucking face with a girl from my bio class. Even if he did ask her to homecoming, he wouldn't take it seriously. 

"Yeah, that could be it." She shrugged her shoulders and turned her attention back to the menu. I became distracted once more, searching for Anthony. 

"Stop looking for your boyfriend and help me decided what to pick for lunch!" Y/f/n said as she pulled me closer to the menu. 

-- time skip --

Me and y/f/n sat down at a table in the back, and waited for our other friends to show up. One by one, they sat down, leaving an empty seat next to me for Anthony. 

"I saw him this morning. He has to be here." I said. Y/f/n just shrugged her shoulders and continued eating. 

All of a sudden, everyone took out their phones and began recording. I looked in the general direction they were all facing, and saw Anthony walking towards me with a giant sign and the men's choir. 

That was when they began to sing. 

"Wise men say..." They moved through the lyrics beautifully.

"Only fools rush in..." Anthony walked up to me and showed me the sign. It read:

Y/n, will you go to hoco with me?

I began nodding my head frantically. 

"Yes." I sprang out of my seat and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I would love to go to homecoming with you." I kissed him on the cheek and squeezed him harder. Anthony was the boy of my dreams. 

--

I just had my own homecoming dance, so I was inspired to do a short story on a hoco proposal. I hope you enjoyed!