Chapter Two

A/N: Yesss, Eren in this chapter :)

Disclaimer: Still don't own SNK. Or the characters. Geez, do I have to do this every chapter?

* * *

Levi didn't even get to meet his aforementioned roommate until the next night. The entirety of the next day was filled with doctors and neurologists examining his brain and asking him stupid questions and taking a dozen MRIs and CT scans. When he got back to his room, it was already dark and there was a misshapen lump in the bed farthest from the door. Levi looked at his roommate's peacefully sleeping form, then quickly undressed, put on his pajamas, and climbed into his own bed. Exhaustion instantly overwhelmed him and he fell asleep quickly.

~o)0(o~

"You killed us!" Isabel shouted at him, the pretty clothes she'd worn to the party ripped and torn as blood seeped from the many wounds on her petite body. Her torso was crushed, almost flat, and it was horribly warped and disturbing to see the normally pretty girl look so damaged.

"Murderer!" Farlan was next. Levi hadn't actually seen his wounds, but the broken boy in his dreams resembled a bloody, ripped-apart puppet. It was terrifying seeing his friends like this. Levi's eyes filled with tears of fear and sadness.

"This is all your fault!"

"Why do you get to live when we have to die?"

"I'm sorry—I'm sorry—" Levi gasped out, staring horrified at the torn corpses of his friends. "I never meant for this to happen—"

"You killed us!" Isabel shrieked again, heedless of his words. "Murderer! Murderer! Murderer!"

The mantra continued on until Levi felt something warm grasp his shoulder and he swung out blindly, eyes flying open in a panic as he did so. He heard someone shout in pain and then there was a crash as they fell to the floor.

"What?" He asked dumbly as he stared at the person on the floor. It was a boy, tall and lean, with a wild mop of brown hair, slowly picking himself up from the floor with one hand as the other grasped the eye that Levi had punched.

"Ow, you jerk! What was that for?" The boy shouted angrily, glaring at Levi with fiery green eyes. Levi couldn't stop himself from staring for a moment but quickly gathered himself and retorted quickly, "Well, why were you watching me sleep?"

Eren gaped at him for a second. "I wasn't watching you sleep! You were having a nightmare and I woke you up!" He said indignantly. "I was only trying to help!"

"Well, look where that got you," Levi muttered sourly.

Eren huffed in annoyance. He was bleeding a little from where Levi's nails had scraped him, and Levi only felt slightly guilty about the dark purple bruise blossoming on the other boy's cheek.

"You might want to get some ice for that," He pointed out. Eren glared at him again and marched back to his side of the room like an angry child. Levi couldn't help but laugh at the boy's petulant actions.

"What're you laughing at?" Eren snapped, but he looked like he wasn't so much angry as he was amused now. He sat down on his bed, pushing a pair of jeans onto the floor as he did so. Levi glared a little at the mess.

"Why are you in here, anyways?" He asked, changing the subject abruptly.

Eren looked a little surprised at the sudden switch of topics, but he answered vaguely, "Heart problems. What about you?"

Levi was kind of annoyed at the vagueness of the other boy's answer, but he responded anyways, "I was in a car crash and hit my head, so now they want to keep an eye on my brain." He rolled his eyes melodramatically and Eren giggled. "I saw Hanji was in here earlier. She was my nurse when I first came. You poor soul."