Part 9

So I'm out on the town this past weekend...doing the usual...mixing my strains, mixing my liquors, just mixing it up off the strength of it being a good weekend...some of my homeboys were in town for the festivities as well...for those that didn't know, one of my main men from the neighborhood previously got married and is expecting his first child this upcoming summer...normally baby showers aren't heavily attended by the males and especially his cohorts...but as for 'us' and our crew, we were low-key cised about it...This is the 'first' one of our immediate circle to get married and proceed with the creation of a new life...so in a way, me and my boys were all around for the joyous occasion, celebration, and support...but also, this was our way to get a sneak peek or a preview of what we will be expecting when our time comes...well here I am, riding in the back seat of my boys Honda and we are on our way to the event but we need to pick up a gift...now I must admit, I am normally good with my funds but...I was in the Dominican Republic not even a full 10 days ago, and you know I was showing my face...then I had to gas up the whip a few days prior so now I'm stuck with just a little under 100 dollars to last me the weekend...so of course, what are the priorities right now...my homie didn't make it a necessity for us to bring a gift for his baby shower but then again, this is 'my nigga' so at the Babies-R-Us, I pick him up a card...most people would add some money to the card or insert some sort of gift card...since my funds were low and we were heading to an event, I just used the money that would've went in the card for a 12 pack...we pull up at my man's crib, meet his wife's side of the family and all is well...when we leave, my boy from Charlotte and I take a quick trip to my 'other' mans crib to pick up the herbal necessities for the night...we throw in for the 8th so I'm thinking, hey, I'm still good on cash...well...fast forward to us going back to the homies crib, linking up with some new friends we just met....now its shots of 18 hundo, Bulleit whiskey, and Garcia Vega Blueberry blunts in rotation and I find myself at the local top golf...more beers commence, and I'm ordering food knowing that I am literally 'riding dirty' as fuck with my financial status...by the end of the night, we are closing out our tabs and the bartender steps to me with the utmost respect and discretion and silently informs me that my card has been declined...fuckin' aye....