Four Weapons

No POV

~four weeks later~

Sensei Sue's three pupils dashed down the monetary steps for there first mission. She heard Jackie let out a small whoop and begin talking a mile a minute before disappearing from sight. She did seem to be a chatty girl.

The mission was over in another town, truthfully it was not a mission at all. Sensei Sue required the three to be out of the monastery for a few days. She picked up her bamboo staff and began the long walk down the steps. She was on a mission of her own.
__________________________
Kailee POV

I hammered down onto the samurai sword. this would be the perfect one. I can feel it. "To build the perfect weapon you first need the right metal and plenty of heat." I say taking the sword and inspecting it. I walk over to a bucket filled with cold water. "cool it off," I say putting the sword into the bucket and watching steam rise out like a sauna.

"And presto!" I say pulling out the sword which was twisted. Defiantly, not the perfect weapon. "awww.." I grumble under my breath. my younger brother, Nick, laughs. "you made it to quickly Kailee. you know if father was here he'd say-"

"I know I know" I retort rolling my eyes. "No matter how much fire you have, experience isn't something you learn overnight." Nick only gives me a sassy smile. "that may work for you Nick, but I'm going to be a better blacksmith then dad ever was!" I snap tossing the sword onto the table that held all of my other sad excuses for swords.

 An old woman carrying a bamboo staff and wearing a cream kimono, wooden sandals, and a straw hat walked into the shop with her head down and one hand behind her back. she inspected the armor that was lined up by the wall. "hmm... your metal is loud and heavy, useful for slowing one down. all weapons for a samurai but none for a ninja?" she asked. i was offended. useful for slowing one down? who did this lady think she was?

"ninja?" i chuckled. " you're a long way from finding a ninja in these parts old woman." i snap approaching her. "and the shop is called Four Weapons not "for browsing". either buy something or go peddle your insults somewhere else." i glare at her.she just gives me a knowing look. 

"ha! too bad. i thought i'd find something special here." she snapped turning to leave.

Nick gestures for me to try to settle something. i roll my eyes but pick up a helmet. "well let me sh-" i turned around but the old woman was gone. "where'd she-" Nick only gives me a shrug. "whatever." i grumble tossing the helmet back onto the pile. 

i began forging another sword when i noticed that something was up. i glanced through a window and saw dark purple clouds rolling over the hills. "what the-" i say before i was cut off by the hum of an engine slowly getting louder and louder. they came over the hill and i instantly knew what they were.

skeletons