~ Chapter 19 ~

Hey guys. Before this chapter starts, I decided to do my original plan with this book so this won't be short! (Cause I have more ideas now lol)

KENZIE P.O.V

The next day..

I wake up in John and I's room with John's arms around me. I didn't want to get up because John looked so cute sleeping and didn't want to wake him. So I just stayed, and cuddled with John but then he woke up anyway.

"Hey baby," he said as he kissed my nose.

"How I missed you," he says again.

"Hey.... You okay?" He asks and I nod. I get out of bed then I took a shower. I put this on:

I head out of the bathroom then I felt so much pain around my body

I head out of the bathroom then I felt so much pain around my body. John sees me falling then catches me immediately. He puts me back on the bed then he calls Jones. He explains what happened to me then he ends the call.

"Kenzie.... Please stay strong.... Please," he says, with tears in his eyes.

Few minutes later....

Jones comes running in the room then checks on me. She shoos John away from the room then checks on me.

"How you holding up?" She asks in a soft voice.

"Pain," I force out the word then she nods. She injects something into my body.

"Well, you're fine. I think this pain is just the aftermath of.... What happened to you. I just injected you with a drug that will sooth the pain then you won't feel this pain in a few minutes. But you will feel more pain from time to time so drink this if you feel any kind of pain," she says then she puts the medicine on the nightstand then says bye. She leaves the room then I hear John talking to Jones. Although I had so much pain in my body I listened to their conversation.

"Are you sure she's okay?" John asks worriedly.

"Of course she is Johnny. She's a strong, fine young woman. Like I said before, take good care of her." Jones says and I can feel John half smiling.

"I'll see you next week to check on everyone." She says then she leaves. I hear the door opening then John kneels down beside the bed then he holds my hand tightly.

"I'm so sorry Kenzie..... I did all of this to you." John says, crying.

"If I just controlled myself two weeks ago... You wouldn't be in this stage..... You wouldn't be here, with so many bruises and cuts.... If only-" John says but he stays quiet after I put my cold hand on his cheek. He puts his hand on my hand which was placed on his cheek. He smiles at me then stops crying. The pain stops then I sit upright.

"The pain's gone?" He asks and I told him for now. He kisses my forehead then Lauren opens the door.

"KENZIE?!" Lauren yells then as soon as I see her, I tried to get off the bed but John had to help me go to her then hug Lauren. I guess I can't stand upright without help for now.

"I missed you so fucking much," we say at the same time and I start to cry.

"Jones told me what happened. Are you okay?" She asks and I nod. We let go then John helps me stand upright.

"Well, now that you're back, I'll be leaving in the next two days." Lauren says.

"I'll give you two some space. I'll check on the dogs, the kids and make dinner. Okay?" She asks again and I nod. She leaves the room then it's just me and John.

"Oh how I missed my beautiful wife." John says then I look at him seriously. He helps me sit on the bed then he sits beside me, holding my hand.

"What's wrong?" He asks and I start to cry.

"Remember when I said that you should stay away from me two weeks ago right?" I ask him and he nods.

"Well, I think I need more space. I hope you....." I continue then he puts his pointer on my chin, making me look at him. He wipes my tears then I look away.

"Look Kenzie..... I understand you are dealing with a lot.... And I will accept your decision okay?" He asks me and I nod. He kisses my forehead then I walk out of the room without any help from John. I head downstairs then see Lauren cooking. She looks at me then sees me in tears.

TBC
Sorry for the late update on this book. I started school recently and haven't had a lot of time to even go on Wattpad. And even though I didn't have any homework on a day, my mom is sort of a strict parent so I can't always go through my phone. Anyways I'll try to post regularly if I can.

~ JC 🎀 🎀 ~