Chapter 10

"All cats old enough to hunt, please gather under the Highrock for a Clan meeting!" Halfstar meowed. Silver-ripple looked at her apprentice and purred with pride. Robinpaw was becoming a warrior today, as she had finished her assessment already. It had been delayed for three sunrises, and Robinpaw was getting impatient.

She padded over to her apprentice, Robinpaw licking her chest fur. "Are you excited?" Silver-ripple purred. Robinpaw nodded. "I was born excited. It's going to be so amazing." She meowed. Silver-ripple licked her apprentice's ear, and padded up to Duskstorm, sitting down next to him. Duskstorm licked her cheek, before looking back up at Halfstar.

Robinpaw was in the middle of every cat now, and she was twitching her tail-tip in excitement. Halfstar nodded towards Robinpaw, before beginning. "I, Halfstar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand that ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn."

Halfstar leaped down the Highrock, and stepped forward to Robinpaw. Robinpaw shivered, her brown pelt bristling. Silver-ripple purred, watching with amusement in her eyes as the apprentice was earning her warrior name. "Robinpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Robinpaw was silent for a moment, then nodded her head.

"Very well. Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Robinpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Robinshine. StarClan honors your kindness and loyalty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan." Robinshine purred with satisfaction at her new name. Cats cheered around her, and Silver-ripple tried to cheer the loudest. "Robinshine! Robinshine!"

Duskstorm purred at his mate. Then, joined in with her, before Halfstar silenced the Clan. "Hazelpaw, step forward." Everyone turned to look at Hazelpaw, who was confused to what was happening. Silver-ripple could guess that Hazelpaw was earning her warrior name, too. She had been an apprentice for moons.

"I, Halfstar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." Hazelpaw's eyes lit up with excitement, as she watched Halfstar.

Hazelpaw looked back at Oakwing, and Oakwing purred, pride in his eyes. "Hazelpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Hazelpaw turned to Halfstar. "Of course. Even if others had seen me as the daughter of a rouge, I will try my hardest to protect every kit, elder, and cat in this Clan until the day I die." Halfstar licked Hazelpaw's ear.

"What a brave thing to say, young one. Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Hazelpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Hazelpelt. StarClan honors your honesty and bravery, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan." Hazelpelt looked around at her Clanmates with satisfaction.

When she looked at Oakwing, she ran up to him and licked his ears. Silver-ripple purred, happiness filling her body. She walked up to Hazelpelt. "Congratulations, Hazelpelt! I bet Oakwing is proud of you." Hazelpelt purred. "Thanks, Silver-ripple. I'll be right back."

She dipped her head, and walked towards Stormpaw. Silver-ripple watched them before Robinshine's voice made her jump. "Silver-ripple, aren't you proud? I earned my name! It's so cool!" She mewed, jumping around Silver-ripple. Silver-ripple flicked her tail with amusement. "You're not an apprentice anymore, so stop jumping around me. You have to hold vigil tonight with Hazelpelt, so I suggest you eat something and rest for a bit."

Robinshine nodded and padded towards the fresh kill pile. Silver-ripple sighed, and heaved herself off the ground. She was feeling quite heavier, and she didn't know why. Am I eating to much? She walked into Beartail's den, where she found him sorting herbs. "Goldenrod here, feverfew over here, cobwebs down here..." He meowed to himself.