Chapter 5

Zach's pov:

It's Sunday and I have nothing better to do. I groan not wanting to get out of bed but I look at my phone and it's already 1 pm. I throw off my blankets. I might as well be productive today. I ran my fingers through my bed head hair and grabbed a fit. I headed for the showers and took a nice long hot shower. I got dressed in black jeans and a black shirt. I let my hair dry naturally.

I put on some Axe (cologne btw) and put on my checkered vans and I grabbed my phone and walked out the door. I jog my way to Jack's house. I mean im thinking on joining football so. I ran till my leg burns. Jack lives like 5 blocks and I was running all those blocks. When i reached his house I was breathing heavily but I pulled through.

I knocked on Jack's door shifting slightly with nervousness. His dad answers the door "are you one of his friends"He asks rudely. I blow out smoke "umm yeah," I say harshly "umm id reckon you not talking back there," Jacks dad says.

"cool does it look like I care if you hurt me no," I say "now let me in or you call jack down here," I say in the process of tryna find a cigarette. He sighs "JACK ROBERT AVERY" His dad yells. "look man you look young and you're doing this" Jacks's dad says. I find a cigarette and put in between my lips.

"Boy you ain't gonna change my mindset," I say. I heard footsteps. "what about your parents," jack dad asks "ha they tried multiple times," I say rolling my eyes. Jack looks at me. I light my cigarette and blow out smoke. "yeah anyways I wasn't here to have a talk about my behavior" I say. Jack's dad moved out the way. "what do you want" Jack says "wow that was rude" I say. "yeah and" Jack says. "I- bye forget it you dick," I say.

I walked away I could feel his eyes burning on the back of my head. "I wasn't sad I was angrier and could scream at a rabbit. Jack ran up behind me "im sorry" Jack says. I turn and look at him and blew smoke at his face." your sorry? you're sorry!" I yell He could tell im angry. "yes I am but I need to confess to you," Jack says.

"confess what jack," I say. I watch him rub the back of his neck nervously "tell you at school tomorrow" Jack says "im going somewhere wanna come with me" I ask. "yeah sure im not busy" Jack says. He goes inside and comes out with blue skinny jeans and a blue champion hoodie-wearing black and white vans.

We walk to my house so I can drive "ahh im trying out for football" I say. Jack looks at me "I hope you make the team" Jack says. I sigh "yeah me too considering I have been a couch potato for the past week I need to work out," I say. "I will do that with you," Jack says with his bright smile. "maybe wanna do that now," I say with a smile. "yeah but we need to change," Jack says.

"right," I say. We both jog to my house out of breath. We walk into my house up the stairs to my bedroom. My clothes were all folded and cleaned in a basket. My mom standing in the doorway I took off my pants and put on my steeler joggers and my steeler shirt that went with it. I chucked a pair of blue joggers at jack. "it will match your hoodie" I say. He walks out of the room and changes out of his pants and comes back in.

"why can't you respect us," Mom says "maybe you shouldn't have had sex with dad and had me if you don't like the way I act so much," I say while checking my pockets for my lighter. Jack looks at me. "im still gonna call you by your name" I say. She looks at me with tears in her eyes. I walk out of my for once clean bedroom and jack follows behind me. I grabbed the keys of the counter and headed for the car.

We were standing outside "that was kinda rude man," Jack says. "oh so now you're against me, too huh" I say. I get in my car slamming it my car my mom had just bought me had Bluetooth and i hooked my iPhone up to it. I played 223's Jack finally got in after having a nice conversation with my mom. I drove off to the gym.

"What happened to make you this way," Jack asked, I stayed silent not answering his question. I pulled up to taco bell and ordered me and jack the 5 dollar box they have rn with the Baha blast moutain dew. I waited at the window impatiently "that would be 10.50" The worker says. I handed him my money. I pulled up to the 2nd window and waited for like 10 minutes.

We finally got our food and chowed down on it and we went to the gym to work out. We got out of the car and walked towards the big blocky building. We get in and people look at us. The last time I was here I got knocked the fuck out by a machine I used for me being the dumb fuck I was. They let us through cuz of me.

"ZACH WHAT'S UP MAN," Jonah says high fiving me. I high fived him back. "we here to work out man" I say "why," Jonah says. "Im trying out for football and I haven't been very fit," I say. He laughs "good luck man," jonah says. Jonah graduated a couple of days ago and im sad. We had our whole work out session for 2 hours and let me tell you im sweating. Jack decided to be a couch potato and watch me. 

I grabbed my phone and keys from Jack. "let's go" I say. We walked out of the hot building towards my car. We got to my house after 10 minutes of just sitting and breathing in my car. I walked into the house the cold house I like to be in all the time. "Zach how was it" Mom asks "good," I say and roll my eyes getting a glass of cold water and chugging it all.

"Can I get a football?" I asked "sure" my mom says and I walk upstairs and grabbed some shorts and boxers (he always grabs boxer in case ur wondering when he showers) and I take a hot shower. I get out and dry me off and put on my clothes but no shirt. I rub my hands through my hair making it look messy. I take a mirror selfie and post it on Twitter and Instagram.

I head off to my room and flop onto my bed pulling my cover over me I go on my phone for a while but as I do I drift off to sleep.

Lol look like another bad chapter coming at cha