chapter 8

I silently sit in my room and look out at the moon outside. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I grab my njoy off the bed and put on some sweatpants and a black hoodie.

I put on my black air force ones shoved my njoy and a lighter in my pocket. No one understands why I'm the way i am and neither do i.

I open my window takin in the fresh air and climbed out closing it behind me. I take a hit off my njoy and blow out the smoke. I sigh lookin at my phone.

I continued to walk down the street. People wonder why I do drugs and why I smoke or vape. If im gonna do a tbh. To escape the pain of my sadness.

I text one of my bros askin if I could come over and do some weed with them and they said yes. I hit my njoy again. I approach his street and turn on 20th speeding up my walk.

I text him telling him I'm here. "wassup dude" Isiah says "nothing much the usual ya know" I say "yeah yeah follow me Zach" Isaiah says.

I followed Isiah to the back of his house. I watched him run inside and come back out with his weed pipe and lighter "you ready to get fucked" Isiah says.

"Yeah it's whatever man" I say.  I watched him light it and take his first hit he then let me hit it. I started feeling light headed after the 5 or 6 hits.

I followed Isiah into his house and he grabbed the vodka off the fridge with some glacier Gatorade "you drink" Isiah asks "no but I could try" I say.

He mixes the two drinks and hands me the cup I drink it all the way "damn dude first time drinkin and you can chug the shit" Isiah says

And when I tell you I was fucked I was fucked I couldn't remember where I was at and I was high as a bitch with drunk. "I'm cross faded as a bitch" I say with a half smile.

He looks at me with a straight face. I laughed and hit the njoy again. "We living life right now" I say "yep party everyday dude" Isiah says.

We sat in silence and I drown myself in it for a couple of minutes I was too cross faded to even think of what's going on around me. But I was actually thinking and this sadness washed over me.

But snapped back into the mood of forgetting why I was sad "so like I got suspended for 3 days for vaping at school" Isiah says "damn is everything" I cut myself off

"Is everything what" He asked confused.  I shake my head "never mind" I say. I stare down at my phone my lock screen wasn't jack it was me flipping someone off.

I shake my head. I'm starting to wonder if jack was. My thoughts got interrupted when my phone went off.

"You gonna answer it or what" Isiah says "nah.. Wellll... Maybe" I say. Nothing more then a text from someone.

I opened the message ofc death threats. I sat back on the couch and hit my njoy and chuckle. One of these days I will.

I was tired yawning away looking at Isiah "yo man you can sleep if you want" Isiah says. I get up and go outside to go smoke a cigarette.

Isiah POV: I followed Zach down the stairs and watched him light a cigarette. I joined in with him "you good" I asked him.

"Yeah" Zach says. He finished before me but wated for me and we back inside. He looks fucked up but I kept quiet.

*flashback Zach's pov*
I got in jacks face "dude you can't always be like this" Jack tells "yeah what you gonna do about it dumb ass" I yell,

Jack takes my vape and throws it "you didn't just do that" I yell "I did just do that" Jack says. I turned around and got closet "you think it's funny huh you have an audacity of fuckin squirrel" I scream.

Balling up my fist I heard feet coming up the steps. I sigh. I wasn't calm and pushed Jack and he falls. "Zach what the fuck" Jonah says.

I chuckle "what" I say "why is Jack on the floor crying" Jonah says "how about shut the fuck up and mind your business" I say

"No" Jonah says. "Fuck y'all fuck life" I say. "Dude chill" Jonah says. I could feel myself get weaker and weaker at the second.

The dead silence in the room made me worse.

I sigh I look at the ground teary eyes fucked up head dead inside. I felt the tears start coming and soaking my shirt.

I looked up at Jonah to see his shocked look on his face "are you" I cut Jonah off "yes I am Jonah I'm a fuckin weak person you won't see me again except for school if I go" I say rush in out the door.

*present*
I felt the tears soak the rim of my shirt. I could feel Isiah eyes on me. I breathe "we don't speak" Isiah cuts me off.  "Ok I won't but maybe get some sleep" He assures me.

I nod my head and I layed down on the couch and I watched him walk away and turned off the lights I stared at the wall with a blank expression and then closed my eyes hoping everything would Dissapear. I drifted off to sleep.