We have a Chemistry (Baxter x Lemur!Reader)

This story was requested by @Sassy-Fox :)

You sat on your stool at a table, filing Baxter's research files. He seemed to be doing extra work lately, but maybe it was just more smaller experiments replacing bigger ones. "Ha-ha!" you heard Baxter exclaim triumphantly. You looked behind you to see a piece of machinery with Baxter watching like an excited little kid on Christmas. "It works?" you asked. "Yes! It finally works!" he exclaimed, still watching it. You didn't know what it was for or how it worked, but it still fascinated you. You watched it curiously, trying to find out what it was. "Uhm...What's it for?" you asked Baxter. He turned to you with a sparkle in his eyes. "This is part of another machine that will be used to wash all the laundry and dishes in the hotel!" he exclaimed. "But Charlie already has things for that," you said with a nervous scratch of your ear. "Yes, but they take up so much space! This will remove those large, bulky machines and replace both with a more compact and efficient machine! This will use electromagnetism, water filtration and sterilization, and many more things to its advantage," Baxter explained. "It will have two spinning barrels, as opposed to the washing machine's single one. The bottom one will have the dishes in it, and the top one will have the laundry. The water used for washing the laundry will be drained out of the first chamber and thoroughly sterilized using many methods. It will then fill the basin full of dishes and dish soap will be dispensed. The dishes will start spinning around, quite similar to a washing machine. The soapy water will clean the dishes and will get drained out. Meanwhile, the laundry is getting dried. The laundry will be dry by the time the dishes are done, and then the dishes will be dried. This will all take about an hour and a half. When it's done, it will automatically sort the dishes and stack them accordingly, and sort the laundry to be folded!" he explained. He seemed out of breath from his mile-long explanation. "That's actually really fricken cool!" You said, jumping up from your stool and walking up to the machine. "So what does this part do?" You asked. "This is the part that spins the basins. Well, one of them at least. You see this?" he asked, pointing to a coiled copper wire.  "Is that the electromagnet?" you asked. "Correct! This will have an electric current running through it. The basin will have another one. Do you remember how washing machines spin?" he asked you. "The advantage of electromagnets is that you can switch the poles. Ideally, the north and south poles of the machine will switch. The same poles will be located above each other, which will make the basin spin around to make the north and south poles meet. Just then, the poles will switch again, making the basin spin again. This repeats over and over, creating the spinning motion needed to clean," you said. "You understand this more than I thought you would," Baxter said, staring at the machine. "What's that supposed to mean?" you asked with a giggle. "Oh, nothing offensive. It's just that...you said you didn't understand too much science. Yet, here you are, explaining electromagnetism with ease!" he told you. "Thanks," you said shyly. "Pop quiz! How would one calculate kinetic and potential energy?" he asked. Your mind raced. "Uhm...there are formulas....the formula for kinetic energy is one half of m times v squared? And potential energy....it's m times g times h," you said with a nervous smile. "And what do all those letters stand for?" Baxter asked. "I personally have no idea. Maybe mass for m? But other than that, no idea," you said. "That's alright. You've still got a bit to learn before I promote you to scientist. But, you've got a head star-" he was interrupted by a small explosion that made you jump and squeal. A small beep sounded right after the explosion. "It's alright. Just an experiment," Baxter told you reassuringly with a small pat on your shoulder. You watched as he walked up to the exploded experiment and silently wrote many numbers down. You barely noticed yourself staring at the demon. He was a really nice guy. He always looked after you to make sure you didn't stray too close to an explosive chemical. He'd always be there for you if something went wrong. If you messed up the filing, he wouldn't get mad. All he'd do is tell you nicely where you went wrong, fix it, and then move on. You quickly stopped your own thoughts. You realized something crazy. You thought of him as more than a friend, or boss, or even coworker. You wanted to slap yourself. He wouldn't feel the same way as you! Why would he? He'd have no reason to. You were his employee; his lab assistant. Nothing more. Maybe a friend. "Well, I'd better get back to filing," you said, walking towards the table. "Wait! It's almost time for lunch. Would you do me the honor of letting me take a pretty, kind  (f/c) lemur to lunch?" he asked. You looked back, surprised. He looked nervous, and a bit scared, it seemed. "Sure!" you said. You tried to hide your excitement. He smiled happily. You sat down and waited for Baxter to finish writing down whatever he was writing down. You used your fingers to remove a knot out of your (f/c) and white striped tail. Baxter put down his clipboard and walked up to you. "Shall we?" he asked with a kind smile, holding out his hand. You nodded with an excited smile and placed your hand in his, and together you walked out of the lab. Your mind raced with happy thoughts. I guess, you thought, we have a chemistry!  

A/N: So, I know this isn't the absolute best ever, but I personally don't know much about Baxter so I kinda had to go off of what the HH wiki told me lol. I feel like I could have done better....maybe I'll revise it when Baxter shows up in Hazbin. Anyways, I hope it's alright! Thanks to @Sassy-Fox for the request :) And if anybody has any other requests, please let me know! And lastly, please vote and follow me for more updates to this book along with an AlastorXReader book. Thank you, and I love you all!