Chapter Five

A/N: Just a slight warning that it's a long chapter <3

Grace's POV

After shopping for like 4 hours its officially 7 pm. Kat texted Sam with the guys wanted to go and eat dinner with us as a farewell. Jake is spending time with tara before we leave, Corey had to go handle something so it was just Sam, Kat, Colby and me. Just great.

I don't know why I've been stressing out about this still but you know what, I'm trying not to think about it or else everything will just go downhill.

"I think I see them, over there." Said Kat

"Where?" I asked looking at where she was pointing.

"They're at a table already?" I asked

"They were already here apparently before we asked them." Said Kat

This is surely going to be an interesting experience, don't know how this is gonna work out. Kat ended up going ahead of me, which I was thankful for, she would be the first to handle all hugging and greetings.

"Hey guys." Kat said hugging Colby first then Sam.

I didn't really know what to do so I just stood there, being clueless. Always sticking out like always, no surprise there.

"Hey Grace." Sam said hugging me. Okay maybe this whole socialization thing isn't sooooo bad.

"Hello Grace." Colby said really going for a hug. I don't know if it was because I wasn't expecting it or because it was just a reflex but I just went out to shake his hand. Which was really awkward but in the end I ended up just giving him a hug. Note to self, they're huggers.

"That was interesting." Sam said making all of us laugh.

This was really nice, this is really nice. Being here talking about life and nothing with the fact that we're leaving soon to London tomorrow less than 9 hours which is cool. I really appreciated being here in the moment with them, it felt like I've known them for years. Them talking about their high school experience, how they met each other and things like that. They really weren't holding back which I felt grateful they trusted me with this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We all had a lovely dinner, truly one of the best meals I had in my life, not because of the food even though it was great but mostly because of the people I had the meal with. I will remember this day for sure.

We all decided it would be best to go out for dessert so we went to an ice cream shop. We both took separate tables, Colby and I decided it would be nice if sam and Kat got some alone time together, we were double third wheeling them in a way, which was an interesting experience. Certainly did make me think about love in a way, and who I want to surround my self with just as people.

"Hey there, you're in some deep thoughts. Like to share?" Colby said while licking his ice cream, but I was smart to get frozen yogurt since usually these places involve lots of talking. Plus who doesn't love adding lots. of sprinkles in their cup, best dessert ever, except hot butter pound cake with ice cream on top.

"Well a part of me was think about hot butter pound cake with ice cream on top, then another part of me was think about Sam and Kat with their love. I want passionate people in my life so badly. I want to travel and so fun, wild, memorable things with people. I want to have great conversations about love and relationships and poetry, things that just set your soul on fire. I don't want to waste my 20s thinking that nobody is the same as me and wants the same things that I do. I need friends that are the same as me. I crave deep human connection so fucking badly. I need people that a re willing to get up and leave everything behind just for a once in a lifetime experience. I'm never usually like that, that's why I need someone like that so I can challenge myself like that. Makes me happy in a way. I should probably stop talking." I said taking a huge spoonful of my frozen yogurt, definitely might regret that later with brain freeze but I had to do something and my brain decided I had to be food. Not a bad choice brain but just not the moment for it.